Haggard Games Forum
Editor and tools - Printable Version

+- Haggard Games Forum (http://www.haggardgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Editor (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Editor and tools (/showthread.php?tid=1605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-09-2016 05:37 PM

(08-09-2016 04:49 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Kindly do a video on how to trigger special events using simple triggers like for eg short circuiting bath tub , dropping light bulb holder on NPC , poisoning food etc , npc tranfering respawnable crates from one place to another etc.

And also on how to setup objectives and targets to be killed.
That would be hard to do, i'm not good in scripting. But i try.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-09-2016 08:48 PM

Infact if you can do a visible area video first defining how to build interiors occluder house matching the exterior of building and the use of portals , also if you can redefine on how to setup zones by using visible area and simple trigger.

Hey mate I have followed your AIAnchors tutorial video and have successfully setup an NPC but after killing him I still can't take his uniform , what should I do I have selected "soldier" as equipment pack and set both AI Form and Body Form as "soldier"

RE: Editor and tools - Liz Shaw - 08-09-2016 09:30 PM

(08-09-2016 08:48 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Hey mate I have followed your AIAnchors tutorial video and have successfully setup an NPC but after killing him I still can't take his uniform , what should I do I have selected "soldier" as equipment pack and set both AI Form and Body Form as "soldier"

What weapon did you use to take him out and what Actor were you using?

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-09-2016 09:35 PM

(08-09-2016 09:30 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 08:48 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Hey mate I have followed your AIAnchors tutorial video and have successfully setup an NPC but after killing him I still can't take his uniform , what should I do I have selected "soldier" as equipment pack and set both AI Form and Body Form as "soldier"

What weapon did you use to take him out and what Actor were you using?

I silently kill kill using space so didn't use any weapon at all just a force on his head the default animation.

my actor is the default one too.

Using Hei template map.

BTW I am running two version of editor how do I drag and drop items between them? when I use ctrl + v it only clones on the current map how should I copy it to other map?

How can you change the default actor uniform? and what it is currently in ghost of the past mission I am asking it because I am setting up a zone.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-09-2016 10:40 PM

oK I have added a simple trigger and used it as a zone script and then setup the new zone through alt+m and defined soldier form player form to soldier and diversant to stopmovedynamic and then also set the visarea using that zone as custom param , but when I enter that zone the sodier form npc starts to shoot me. what am I doing wrong?

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-10-2016 01:59 AM

As I said, don't use my template if you want to mess with IA, it might be why it doesn't work. As Alexey said, I removed all the IA things. I just created this template to be able to have big empty zones for people who want to learn how to create rooms (wall, roof, doors) but if you want to try to add a NPC, you should use the official level file (until Alexey release a proper empty template).

When you use the official level file, taking the disguise will work (at least, it depend of the difficulty you choose in-game and how you kill the soldier if I'm right, garorte should be fine).

(08-09-2016 03:13 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  What tutorial you want to see next?

Room creation from scratch (without using the clone function), if you know how to do them.

Like, how to defined quadtree (I guess it's also we call that, but not 100% sure), how to setup textures/collisions for the four wall (five if we count the roof as a wall), how to setup a door, how to put side by side two rooms (separated with a door).

About adding objects in the room, I don't think it need a tutorial but why not add it if it's possible (I guess you just have to add them, like a NPC, and put them where you want in the room.

With those infos and the infos already shared with the Anchors tutorial, I guess people could already try to create small missions once the empty template will be released.

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-10-2016 03:54 AM

(08-09-2016 08:48 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Infact if you can do a visible area video first defining how to build interiors occluder house matching the exterior of building and the use of portals , also if you can redefine on how to setup zones by using visible area and simple trigger.
You need to use 3dsmax to edit or create new polyshapes. Basicaly create model and polyshape of the same form.

(08-09-2016 09:35 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  How can you change the default actor uniform? and what it is currently in ghost of the past mission I am asking it because I am setting up a zone.
AI.SetPlayerForm(AI.FindPlayer('STRG'), "GermanSoldier"); under OnInitialize() function. That spawn strogov in soldier uniform. If you mean actor - change skin number. You can add in or edit new skins, but i dont tried this function yet. If you ask about default uniform name - Diversant.
BTW, did someone tried aplying Olga uniform as Strogov default?

(08-09-2016 10:40 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  oK I have added a simple trigger and used it as a zone script and then setup the new zone through alt+m and defined soldier form player form to soldier and diversant to stopmovedynamic and then also set the visarea using that zone as custom param , but when I enter that zone the sodier form npc starts to shoot me. what am I doing wrong?
Default uniform called Diversant and if any hostile npc see you in this uniform = alert starts. Delete all diversant diversant uniform reaction combos (like Soldier->Diversant->Alert in Global) from Global and Global:know zones, then you can go in diversant uniform everywhere, if no diversant combos specified in existing zones.
For your example: delete global:know soldier->diversant->alert, delete all npcformname->diversant->alert from global. Then setup soldier->diversant->stopmovedynamic for your new zone. You have it.

(08-10-2016 01:59 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  Room creation from scratch (without using the clone function), if you know how to do them.

Like, how to defined quadtree bla bla bla
I have experience editing .nif models from Morrowind. I have idea for this tutorial. I steal models from other game, import them in 3dsmax, add doorways and export new models in AG.
I try to do all your checklist, but that might take a while.

Allrounder18, questions i dont answered was covered by other users.

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-10-2016 04:04 AM

Oh, I don't even search how to edit models, the ones included in the levels would be fine for now.

Just how to setup four walls, a roof, a door and for the textures, the ones used for the walls in the official levels would be fine, for now.

Thanks for all your work Smile

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-10-2016 04:56 AM

(08-10-2016 04:04 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  Oh, I don't even search how to edit models, the ones included in the levels would be fine for now.

Just how to setup four walls, a roof, a door and for the textures, the ones used for the walls in the official levels would be fine, for now.

Thanks for all your work Smile

You cant do it like that. There is no brush objects like roofs and walls. But you can create simplest models in 3dsmax 2009 and export them in the game. All buildings in the game either full models or giant blocks for big buildings. Like castle in mission 1 created from 4 blocks.
But you dont need create, if you can borrow something better Wink

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-10-2016 06:34 AM

I was asking about how to change starting uniform for player character ie stragov.