Haggard Games Forum
Editor and tools - Printable Version

+- Haggard Games Forum (http://www.haggardgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Editor (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Editor and tools (/showthread.php?tid=1605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-07-2016 03:49 AM

Wow thanks comrade it Is quite complicated than I thought previously , I have digested the theory. Will do some practical and report back how much I have understood

Also comrade can you describe point no. 6 in detail? How to use door as portal and how do I setup visit area as internal scenery and I have found that brush size doesn't exactly Match visarea size even after scaling them.

RE: Editor and tools - Liz Shaw - 08-07-2016 07:25 AM

I've added new skins to three Actors. There's now a blonde housemaid in Omerta and A Mole Among Us, and I've added the fireman's head texture to the models for Actors "GermanGestapo" and "GermanRedCross" (the fireman's model uses the head textures for those two actors, so I thought it fair to add the fireman's head to them in return, especially since the fireman was created sometime after the DtS3 Demo's release).

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-07-2016 09:56 AM

Tried setting up the waypoints for npc to follow but he doesn't I have even assigned same group idle number to all the waypoints and npc group id but he still not detecting it , can some one provide help in step by step way?

OK I couldn't find custom parameters tab in the visible area in any of 3 vis area ie cube , occluder house and occluder cube.

Ok I couldn't setup new zones either I mean using zone editor I have able to setup new zone but how do I define the actual boundaries of that zone in the actual map?

comrade can you be more layman in describing the points you have answered yesterday , I mean detailing them step by step how its done like where I have to click in editor to do things. (like total dummy way)

would be epic if you can do a video of all these points , will serve many of us using the editor.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-07-2016 10:56 AM

Also I have killed the newly placed npc but still I can't pick up his uniform. what should I do?

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-07-2016 01:36 PM

Ok manage to figured out how to setup patrols , now I would want uniform system implement so when you kill an npc you can use his uniform.

Alexey when you upload the blank template kindly upload it with necessary scripts and ai basics like ability to steal ai uniforms when hes dead , because I can't use ai uniform in the hei template.

Alexey when you upload the blank template kindly upload it with necessary scripts and ai basics like ability to steal ai uniforms when hes dead , because I can't use ai uniform in the hei template.

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-07-2016 05:01 PM

(08-07-2016 09:56 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Tried setting up the waypoints for npc to follow but he doesn't I have even assigned same group idle number to all the waypoints and npc group id but he still not detecting it , can some one provide help in step by step way?

(08-07-2016 09:56 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  OK I couldn't find custom parameters tab in the visible area in any of 3 vis area ie cube , occluder house and occluder cube.

Ok I couldn't setup new zones either I mean using zone editor I have able to setup new zone but how do I define the actual boundaries of that zone in the actual map?

There is no customparams tab coded in visarea.lua for some reason. (i dont showed that in the video)
BTW, if you think that my videos have shitty production quality, check my Infra Arcana earlygame/funny YASD tribute (1080p60fps, music timed with action scenes)

PLS, someone help me edit Kneller jobs. I add new anchors in existing job - nothing happens. I replace anchors in action queue and Kneller just dont move. I add new job and replaced seedoctor in Level.OnDrinkKneller() with my new job. (for testing purposes)
Kneller use new anchors, but dont procced to "piss" job next. BTW, he dont want go outside of castle too, if new anchors placed there.
EDIT: I find why he dont want go outside. No portal waypoint on door connecting outside and castle.

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-07-2016 09:40 PM

No one will complain about video quality, it's better than nothing Smile

With the editor launched, we can easily check which lines are the needed ones.

Edit : I'm actually doing a text version of your video.

Which value do you put for "AI_Idle_Group" ? Can't manage to see it (32?). And how do you choose it? Is is a value related to another one? (From the video, it seems it's related to the Anchors and so, I guess they should all have the same group number?)

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-07-2016 10:40 PM

I did that :

Quote:Note : Right click cancel a function (if you make a character spawn and don't want to put a second one, either click on another function or the right click).

- Entitys => Actor => German Soldier => Double click to select => Left click to spawn it on the field
- AI => AIAnchor => Double click to select => Left click to spawn it on the field (you have to put, at least, two anchors)

Note : Anchor 1 is the one where the NPC will first start. Anchor 2 is the one where the NPC will go to, then he'll go back to 1, then 2 again, etc...

* Anchor 1 parameters *

- Select the first anchor, it'll display the AiAnchor parameters on the right of the editor.
- Click on the empty line next to the "Action" label, then click on the three dots.
- Select "AI_ANCHOR_CUSTANIM_ROT_IDLE".
- Click on the empty line next to the "Animation" label (in the right column), then click on the three dots.
- A new screen appear. In animation templates, choose "gsoldier_animation" (it should be the only choice displayed anyway), it'll make some new things appear to the left column.
- Choose "Custom_HandsBack" in the left column, then click "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.
- Enter a new value in "Use time", "4" (you can see in the previous menu the time animation is 3.6, so we put 4).
- Enter a new value in "UseGroup", "32" in my example (The "NPC", and all the anchors related to it should have the same group number), then click "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.

* Anchor 2 parameters*

- Select the second anchor, it'll display the AiAnchor parameters on the right of the editor.
- Click on the empty line next to the "Action" label, then click on the three dots.
- Select "AI_ANCHOR_CUSTANIM_ROT_IDLE".
- Click on the empty line next to the "Animation" label (in the right column), then click on the three dots.
- A new screen appear. In animation templates, choose "gsoldier_animation", it'll make some new things appear to the left column.
- Choose "Custom_Smoke" in the left column, then click "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.
- Enter a new value in "Use time", "16" for example (you can see in the previous menu the time animation 8. If you put 8, he'll put the cigarette to his mouth then directly go back to the first anchor. If you put 16, twice the time of the animation, once the cigarette his put to his mouth, he'll start the second part of the animation, until he throw the cigarette on the ground, then crush it, then he'll go back to his fist position), then click "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.
- Enter a new value in "UseGroup", "32" in my example (The "NPC", and all the anchors related to it should have the same group number), then click "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.

* German soldier parameters *

- Select the "German soldier", it'll display the Entity parameters on the right of the editor.
- In "Entity parameters", check the "Show idle group" box (to switch the value to "True").
- In "GermanSoldier Properties", click on the empty line next to the "AI_Form" label (in the right column), then click on the three dots.
- A new screen appear. In Form list (NPC forms), choose "soldier", then click "Update level" to validate this choice.
- Click on the empty line next to the "Job" label (in the right column), then click on the three dots.
- Select "AI_JOB_ANCHORS_IDLE".
- Click on the first "AnchorQueue" label then enter the "UniqueID" of the first anchor (can be found in the "AiAnchor parameters"), for example : "AN01" (if you click on the three dots, you can display them in a list and select them directly from it. In my example, it's the one named "AiAnchor196" and it directly enter the "UniqueID").
- Click on the second "AnchorQueue" label then enter the "UniqueID" of the second anchor (can be found in the "AiAnchor parameters"), for example : "AN99" (if you click on the three dots, you can display them in a list and select them directly from it. In my example, it's the one named "AiAnchor197" and it directly enter the "UniqueID").
- Click on "Ok" (bottom) to validate this choice.
- Still in "GermanSoldier Properties", enter a new value, "32" in my example, for the "AI_Idle_Group" label.
- click on the empty line next to the "EquipementPack" label (in the right column), then click on the three dots.
- In the up-left label, choose "soldier", then click on "Ok" (bottom) to validate.

- Mission => Export to Game => Then you can run the game and test your new soldier AI in-game.

Tutorial written following ComradeReptiloid video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjnWlQkRYEU

Need to redo it in the editor to check if I haven't forgot anything (I'll edit it If I did). If it's okay, I'll probably add some screenshots.

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-07-2016 10:48 PM

(08-07-2016 09:40 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  No one will complain about video quality, it's better than nothing Smile

With the editor launched, we can easily check which lines are the needed ones.

Edit : I'm actually doing a text version of your video.

Which value do you put for "AI_Idle_Group" ? Can't manage to see it (32?). And how do you choose it? Is is a value related to another one? (From the video, it seems it's related to the Anchors and so, I guess they should all have the same group number?)

I test my new recording soft and editor + i record videos on my new budget notebook (for traveling), so expect that kind of quality. I will re-record and delete those unscripted piss of shit videos, when i get everything in tact. Angry

You can put any value, not used by different actors and anchors. If you have blank map, you can type any int (1-99 works better for some reason) value. Actor and anchors, assigned to this actor have the same idle group. You define this group by manualy typing same number in actor idle group box and related anchors idle group box.

You can check show idle group in actor properties tab to see green arrow, connecting anchors (sequence defined in ai job anchor idle anchor queue for this example).

I plan shooting more videos on editor next, if no one helps me with adding new jobs to Kneller.

BTW, did you saw/understanded everything from VisArea video?

(08-07-2016 09:40 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  (you have to put, at least, two anchors)
I write misleading title for my video. This is basic example of AiJobAnchorsIdle. Diferent AiJobs require different number of anchors. You can put one anchor too, but ai will cycle one animation with 1 second breaks and stand in one place. You can put up to 9 anchors too. You can create second AiJob Anchors idle and pick another 9 anchors and so on. Basicaly you npc can easily use 9-18 anchors for complexity sake, if you use cascade job function (pick actor and press J)
(08-07-2016 09:40 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Select "AI_ANCHOR_CUSTANIM_ROT_IDLE".
I recorded basic example with just two RotIdle animations.
For example: What if you want to make npc smoke more than 16 seconds, lets say 40? If you just edit usetime, then npc do next - he light cigarette (8 seconds), use it one time and then just stand with lighted cigaretted doing nothing; when 40 seconds will pass - npc drop cigarette and proceed to next anchor.
To fix that issue use AiAnchor Animation Fixed (i show in my next video different types of AiAnchors and AiJobs), that ressembles AiAncorCascadeAnimations (version for idle npcs). So you can pick Custom_Smoke animation for 16 seconds, then Custom_Smoke_Relax for 5 seconds. How it gonna look in the game? Actor smoke, releases smoke after 16 seconds for 5 seconds and then smoke for 16 seconds again. That procedure continues until 40 seconds passed.
(08-07-2016 09:40 PM)Hiei- Wrote:  Enter a new value in "Use time", "4" for example.
Use time must be >= animation time or animation just skips prematurely. Or if you set it for too long, npc complete animation time and then just stands idle (see Select "AI_ANCHOR_CUSTANIM_ROT_IDLE" answer for example). Most animations like sitting and wash_wall can use AiAnchorRotIdle and everything will be ok.

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-07-2016 11:09 PM

I haven't looked at VisArea yet but I'm planning to look at it as soon as I'll have finished the first one Smile

Again, thanks for your help!

Edit : Just tested, it work fine in-game, except one thing.

I used the same time value (4 for the handbacks, 11 for the smoke) but in-game, once the soldier put the cigarette to his mouth, he directly go back to the first anchor, while in your video, he's smoking it for a few seconds, throw it back on the ground, crush it then go back to the first anchor.

So I guess I missed something or I misread some values. How to choose the time value by the way? I see "handbacks" animation time is 3.6 in the menu so put 4 seems normal.

"smoke" time is 8 in the menu, so why put 11 (if I read the value correctly in the video) instead of 8? (just curious, to be able to understand the time value choices for other things).

Edit 2 : I watched the video again and maybe the value is 16 in fact, which would be more logic (8 x 2 so twice the time of the animation, probably 8 until he put the cigarette to his mouth, then 8 again until he crush it and go back to his position ?).

Edit 3 : It was that. With 16 as the value, it work fine, as in your video Smile

Thanks!