Haggard Games Forum
Editor and tools - Printable Version

+- Haggard Games Forum (http://www.haggardgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Editor (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Editor and tools (/showthread.php?tid=1605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-07-2016 11:22 PM

Hiei, check my edited post on the bottom of page 7, i write all crucial info regarding this video there.
I dont go in details yet, like picking AIBodyForm, EquipmentPacks, etc.
And relevant info for you. You can edit Mission Briffings, objective descriptions, messages, ending game screen. Basicaly all text in the game with shadvs editor. If you dont know how, i can record video on that too. You able to fix french laguage pack for this game.Wink
My dreams come alive too, because now you can edit all ai functions, like reactions to suspicious action, uniforms, weapons, etc. And fov distances for every position and moving state, sound reaction, literally everything. BTW, when you browsing this file, one thing becomes apperant - many things was unfinished during development.

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-07-2016 11:50 PM

Okay, I'll check, thanks Smile

Now that I saw your tutorial, it's easier to understand how it works anyway when you check anchors of the official level to see how those NPC works.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-08-2016 12:28 AM

(08-07-2016 11:22 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Hiei, check my edited post on the bottom of page 7, i write all crucial info regarding this video there.
And relevant info for you. You can edit Mission Briffings, objective descriptions, messages, ending game screen. Basicaly all text in the game with shadvs editor. If you dont know how, i can record video on that too. You able to fix french laguage pack for this game.Wink
My dreams come alive too, because now you can edit all ai functions, like reactions to suspicious action, uniforms, weapons, etc. And fov distances for every position and moving state, sound reaction, literally everything. BTW, when you browsing this file, one thing becomes apperant - many things was unfinished during development.

Thanks man , will do some practical tomorrow following your videos , can you do the video on how to setup ai uniform too like currently if I put new npc and killed him , I can't use his uniform, text editing video will be cool too.

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-08-2016 12:35 AM

(08-08-2016 12:28 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 11:22 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Hiei, check my edited post on the bottom of page 7, i write all crucial info regarding this video there.

Thanks man , will do some practical tomorrow following your videos , can you do the video on how to setup ai uniform too like currently if I put new npc and killed him , I can't use his uniform, text editing video will be cool too.

Ok, i remake my videos anyway and delete this two. I go in depth and show every option i know with good video quality and subtitles. I show you more faster and easier ways of dong things. And i find a way to assign a zone to visarea via editor already!

RE: Editor and tools - Hiei- - 08-08-2016 12:41 AM

I did a new version of your video (in 720p) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ryr7My-lhs

(It's not repertoried on YouTube on purpose, only people who have the link can see it, and I'll remove it when you'll have your new version online, it's just to help while waiting).

(I plan to put a few annotations later).

@allrounder18 : On his first video, you can take the disguise of the killed NPC).

I just noticed by checking other Anchors that you can use decimals so instead of 4, we can directly put 3.6, the actual time of the animation. I will test later to see if the animation is complete with 3.6.

Edit : Annotations added.

I would be interested to know how to create a room from scratch, if anyone know how to do it (even if I guess I can just use the clone function then modify it). I mean, just four walls, a roof and a door, nothing fancy. With basic IA anchors, I guess it's what is the most important to know.

For people who plan to do new levels (when the empty template will be released), I guess best is to draw the plans before (I suppose it's how developers did) rather than directly try to create it directly in 3D. That's how I would do if I try to do one, at least (drawing terrain, rooms, guards, patrols, target on paper or in software made for that).

And if you have a really good idea of a level but don't feel confident in using the level editor, I guess you can still draw the plans and share them online. If someone like it, it might be created one day.

(08-07-2016 01:36 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Ok manage to figured out how to setup patrols , now I would want uniform system implement so when you kill an npc you can use his uniform.

Alexey when you upload the blank template kindly upload it with necessary scripts and ai basics like ability to steal ai uniforms when hes dead , because I can't use ai uniform in the hei template.

Alexey when you upload the blank template kindly upload it with necessary scripts and ai basics like ability to steal ai uniforms when hes dead , because I can't use ai uniform in the hei template.

Yeah, it's basically just a template to test how to create rooms and such (to have enough room to test). If you want to mess with IA, you need to use the official level.

With the tutorial posted, you can steal the uniform without any problem.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-08-2016 07:50 AM

WOW can wait to get home and try those videos Smile

If in the mean time can some one post videos on how to assign new target /objectives and a way to end the mission , it would be complete.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-08-2016 01:37 PM

I have one more thing in my mind that is can you able to run two or more simultaneous version of the editor while using clone function that is copying something from one map and then pasting it in antoher map?

RE: Editor and tools - Liz Shaw - 08-08-2016 01:52 PM

(08-08-2016 01:37 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  I have one more thing in my mind that is can you able to run two or more simultaneous version of the editor while using clone function that is copying something from one map and then pasting it in antoher map?

Yes you can. I've been trying to create a test map from scratch and I've been cloning some stuff from Snake Born (I'm intending to make a Checkpoint Charlie mission - there's some assets like the famous sign and Soviet and (modern) German flags, from back when Snake Born was the first mission and set in early 60s Berlin rather than WWII-era Austria). I still can't figure out how to add the terrain textures used in Snake Born, however.

RE: Editor and tools - ComradeReptiloid - 08-08-2016 02:01 PM

(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote:  There is some problems sometimes with moving bodies that is why we didn't use them. But you can do that using this body anchors. Also actors must have CanMoveBody (or something like that) flag enabled in editor.
I make BodyClinic work, but not every time. I downloaded v1.0a and bodymove works 100% of times based on 20 runs.

RE: Editor and tools - allrounder18 - 08-08-2016 03:19 PM

(08-08-2016 02:01 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 08:21 PM)Alexey Wrote:  There is some problems sometimes with moving bodies that is why we didn't use them. But you can do that using this body anchors. Also actors must have CanMoveBody (or something like that) flag enabled in editor.
I make BodyClinic work, but not every time. I downloaded v1.0a and bodymove works 100% of times based on 20 runs.

My first editor tutorial: (i will release one every day)

Thanks man , can't wait see more.