Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun
08-28-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: Alekhine's Gun
(08-28-2015 07:26 PM)armitom Wrote:  So any news? PAX is happening right now maybe we will see some gameplay there?

Other than the game receiving the very obvious M rating in the US, and the official page now having an age gate which'll be very easy to breachUndecided, nothing new. Although, the guy who was interviewed at E3 commented on the official video for the interview thanking everyone for the feedback. I took this opportunity to ask him in the comments if Maximum Games will make their own forum, and he said he'll bring the idea up to the team, since they're revamping the site.

MoT was called out by the ESRB for suggestive themes, and Alekhine's Gun doesn't have that in the description, so this completely throws a possible White Head remake out the window.Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm sad the game doesn't get more coverage, they should release more gameplay demos/trailers, maybe even a 2nd playable demo in all 3 platforms to get more attention.

November is 3 months away and most friends i talked to don't even know the game exists, add that to the fact that big heavy hitters arrive during the fall season the game wont get much attention by the big news sites which is a shame.

Setting up a steam page for pre-orders would also help a lot.
08-29-2015, 07:54 PM
(08-29-2015 07:35 PM)armitom Wrote:  I'm sad the game doesn't get more coverage, they should release more gameplay demos/trailers, maybe even a 2nd playable demo in all 3 platforms to get more attention.

November is 3 months away and most friends i talked to don't even know the game exists, add that to the fact that big heavy hitters arrive during the fall season the game wont get much attention by the big news sites which is a shame.

The same guy has also posted on Twitter that he is making footage to be shown at the GameStop Expo. The latest news from GameStop, of course, can be viewed on GameFAQs. I would like to play a second demo before release, maybe an updated version of the original demo mission. Have you implemented other stuff for that mission since the demo came out? Like releasing that poor prisoner after getting rid of Giese? I did find some unused passzones for the mission in the demo's files.
08-29-2015, 08:20 PM
(08-29-2015 07:54 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(08-29-2015 07:35 PM)armitom Wrote:  I'm sad the game doesn't get more coverage, they should release more gameplay demos/trailers, maybe even a 2nd playable demo in all 3 platforms to get more attention.

The same guy has also posted on Twitter that he is making footage to be shown at the GameStop Expo. The latest news from GameStop, of course, can be viewed on GameFAQs. I would like to play a second demo before release, maybe an updated version of the original demo mission. Have you implemented other stuff for that mission since the demo came out? Like releasing that poor prisoner after getting rid of Giese? I did find some unused passzones for the mission in the demo's files.

That's some news at least, i played the first demo many times i know that level by heart Wink
I'm interested to see whats changed in the Demo level
I guess all we have to do now is play the waiting game.
MGSV is coming next week i will be playing that Smile
09-02-2015, 07:05 AM
I'm also waiting for a steam page to preorder it Wink
09-09-2015, 08:38 AM
This was uploaded by Andrew Nguyen on his YouTube channel:

Finally, we get to see Strogov actually speaking in-game. Andrew Nguyen has also just posted on the Maximum Games Twitter page that he's working on the producer video for the game. I'm hoping we get to pre-order on Steam soon. I highly doubt it's ever going to come out in Australia.
09-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the video liz! Finally some new footage Big Grin
09-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Here's a GameStop Expo interview with Maximum Games. Alekhine's Gun is at 8:10. It's basically a playthrough of the demo mission, but now there's a prisoner in the basement and a cutscene plays in which Strogov chats with him. This must mean that the objective involving rescuing an official which was scrapped for the demo has now been implemented. Also, Giese's portrait appears to be different.

09-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Maximum Games has revamped their site, there's now a site dedicated to Alekhine's Gun.

http://maximumgames.com/alekhines-gun-the-game/

There's a lot of new information there. The prisoner Strogov rescues in the beginning is named Vincent Rambaldi, and that "Alekhine (Strogov) saved (his life) on a mission to eliminate the head of a secret Nazi project to create a supersoldier drug." Unless that prisoner in the suit is a different character entirely, because I don't know if Gerhard Kneller classifies as "the head of a secret Nazi project to create a supersoldier drug". The drug thing could definitely be the basis for the Project Y-like mission. Also, it seems Olga has been renamed Vera Pavlova.

Now I hope they create a forum. I asked Andrew Nguyen about it, he said he'll bring it up to the team. Still waiting for any chance of a Steam pre-order.
09-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Interesting, at least we got some news.

Thanks for the update Liz! Smile