Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Thank You
05-04-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: Thank You
Pretty much every horror game i know has some stealth in it, doesn't make it a pure stealth game though, Far Cry has stealth that doesnt make it a stealth game, its part of its gameplay but not the main focus.
Defining the genre of a game is a bit confusing sometimes, everyone has a different take on it, RPG are especially tricky since RPG elements are introducing in many games these days (level upgrades,dialogue choices etc) but are not RPGs in the true sense
Not many stealth games with a level editor out there. Especially new one, feel free to mention some modern stealth games with editors.

I dont like maxgames either, but i do thank the devs (haggard games) who worked hard for 5 years to release the game, even though it needs more work

P/S
The Console version wasn't even supposed to happen, thats maxgames, the original devs had nothing to do with that port.
The PC didn't have that many technical difficulties, at least i didnt, other than the crashes.
HITMAN6 has more issues than AG, disconnects,framerate,crashes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 12:13 PM
I agree, but what is the issue with level editor. Why everyone present it as such a big thing. I'm pretty sure, that we will have Heroes 3 like editor. I wonder if there is possibility for creating stage accidents, adding new weapons, animations, revive unreleased content like grenades, explosieves, revolvers, creating scripted dialogues and interactions, etc. Basicaly i want open-source game like OpenMorrowind. But publishers probably dont allow to do that and its ok, if they planing new games for this franchise.
On stealth games and games in general: we have only few pure stealth games, that the main reason why my scoring system different and i consider multi-genre games with decent stealth mechanics belong to stealth. My standarts for RPG lot higher, since a lot of them currently on market. Personaly i give Dark Souls 3/10 as RPG, Skyrim 5.5/10, PoE v1 7/10, PoE v3 White Marsh 2 8.5/10, Underrail 9/10, AoD 8/10 and list go on. Redemtion for rpgs lays in infinity-engine-isometric likes, roguelikes, diablo-slasher likes, blob-party likes.
AG is revival of stealth games, taking the best from the bests and mixing it all in one game. I cant come up with 50 games, tat have replayability higher than Ag has. I invest 8-14 hours per day on this game and i cant remeber single time, when game crashed on me. Game crashes only when i record and not that often.
Complainers, learn to tweak your pc manualy and via soft (you can get it from torrents) or buy consoles, if you dumb or lazy.
05-05-2016, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 01:48 AM by Hiei-.)
Because a "social" stealth game with a level editor have never been done before, though people always dreamt about it. I would have loved to see fan levels of Hitman Blood Money, for example, it really give to a game a infinity of replayability.

Those games you are quoting are not "social" stealth games. What we call" Social" stealth game are games which are focusing on disguise and the most known one is Hitman.

That's also why I don't like the highest difficulty of the game, which ask you to play without disguises. I play those kinds of game for the disguises gameplay, not to play without (I also like complete stealth games where you have to hide everywhere, but I don't play Alekhine's Gun for that).

If it help you to understand better what I was trying to say, let's say hitman-like games never got a level editor (none that I know of, at least). And even in the games you quoted, it's not because there are level mods that there's a level editor. If I'm right, Deus Ex is pretty much modded but doesn't have it's own (and official) level editor. In fact, most games which have mods don't official tools, nor fan tools (most people who mods games keep their sources, and it seems normal).

I don't think the developpers care about the publisher wish for the level editor. The game is released, the job is done, and they can do what they want on their free time.

And I don't expect the level editor to be complete at the first version, but when I see what some peoples can do without any official tools, I have lots of expectations for the modding of this game.

The crashs are not related with tweaks or such, they have been recognized officially, so the "learn how to use a PC or buy a console is pretty dumb, honestly." Especially when you know most consoles games sometimes also freeze". I didn't got a lot of crashs but I got some, like everyone and when everyone get somes, it mean it's not a coincidence.

It's not that horrible but it'll have to be fixed sooner or later. The next patch will have some autosaves and so will be a good "hotfix" until the problem is totally fixed.

And from what I know, Maximum games didn't asked for modifications about the game. It looks the same as the demo released, when the publisher was not present yet.