Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Thank You
03-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Thank You
Just wanted to give my thanks to the devs and everyone else responsible for delivering finally the 3rd tittle on the Death to Spies saga, it has been a long journey for them (and for us Big Grin)

Thank you for your patience,dedication and passion.

Now..time to go back and assassinate someone Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 04:31 AM
RE: Thank You
(03-11-2016 09:47 PM)armitom Wrote:  Just wanted to give my thanks to the devs and everyone else responsible for delivering finally the 3rd tittle on the Death to Spies saga, it has been a long journey for them (and for us Big Grin)

Thank you for your patience,dedication and passion.

Now..time to go back and assassinate someone Wink

They "delivered" garbage. Nothing more. Max Games should be taken to court for grand larceny.....
05-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I was talking to the devs, not to the **** publisher who messed up the console version, and delayed the game so many times.
PC version is ok, while not as good as DTS1&2,its a fun game, i am glad it finally came out, and wanted to thank them, thats all.
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
(05-02-2016 05:16 PM)armitom Wrote:  I was talking to the devs, not to the **** publisher who messed up the console version, and delayed the game so many times.
PC version is ok, while not as good as DTS1&2,its a fun game, i am glad it finally came out, and wanted to thank them, thats all.

He basically wants to troll us now that the game is out. Do not feed the trolls.
05-02-2016, 11:42 PM
I dont wanna start drama, but Jimbo- right. I checked all game files with txt editor and find many unreleased features and reasons, why level 2 (Hotel) so shitty and so on. Weapons and AI got cutted mainly. Huge chunks of unreleased content absolutely MUST be bringed back into the game via patches.
Publishers, pls stop destroying games, YOU dont take any risk or lose any money, if this features was implemented into the game.
05-03-2016, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 11:23 AM by Hiei-.)
But without the publisher, the game would have probably never been released.

I'm not a fan of Maximum Games management (from what I saw for this game) but at least, they released the game and so, the hardest part is done.

Let me remind you that if the kickstarter would have been successful, contents cuts wouldn't have probably happened as the developpers could have then be able to release the game without the need of a publisher.

This game have a lot of potential and could become the best social stealth game because of ONE thing, the upcoming level editor!

In terms of quality, the game is more or less in par with Hitman Blood Money, which is in my opinion the best social stealth game available. There are still a few bugs, a few crashs, some things to fix (some localizations problem, but some will be fixed in the next patch, for example) but the core game system is here and is pretty good.

The biggest problem, right now, is the random crashs (but as the next patch should include some auto-saves functions, at least, it'll help a bit until thoses crashs are fixed). There are not a lot but it's a real bother for a game, though I don't really know how it can be detected fixed if the game doesn't crash for the developpers? (If it would also crash on their machines, I guess it would be pretty easy to debug and fix, right?)

Maybe try to release a debug version to a few people and ask them to play the game until it crashs, to get detailled logs and/or whatever informations you need to be able to find the problem and fix those crashs. I (and a few other peoples here, I guess) would be happy to help fix those random crashs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the few games of the same kind which was released (Hitman series, The Saboteur, Velvet Assasin, old Death to Spies games, for the most known) never offered a level editor and that's what might make the difference, especially if it use the steam workshop (I hope it'll will because that's what might motivate some peoples to buy the original game rather than keep their pirate versions and use external mods which would have to be updated manually, don't underestimate the lazyness of some peoples xD).

And I hope the developpers will have the right/the desire to release, later, some DLCs for the game. Remakes from the best old missions of the first two games would be a blast, and a instant buy for me.
05-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Well said, Hiei, well said Smile
05-03-2016, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 06:06 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
RE: Thank You (Reply to Hiei)
>This game have a lot of potential and could become the best social stealth game because of ONE thing, the upcoming level editor!
If level editor could not support custom scripts, this will be complete fail IMO. Models and textures not exactly what i wnt from games. I pretty old gamer and dont give a fuck about graphics, still playing ASCII roguelikes. What i want from remakes, sequels, spin-offs - more rich and depth in gameplay, unique game design decisions, that make breakthrough in genre or solid performed clone of succesfull predecessor.
>Let me remind you that if the kickstarter would have been successful, contents cuts wouldn't have probably happened as the developpers could have then be able to release the game without the need of a publisher.
>But without the publisher, the game would have probably never been released.
Do you read dlc faq from maximum games site? Look like dudes want cheap cashgrab B-title, when they hear the news about Hitman episodic structure. But devs have a passion for the game and bring some gems (little game mechanics) unnoticed. Faq have little hints all around, that we want our game be like glorious DTS + Thief + Hitman + Commandos game, but publishers dictate their own rules.
>In terms of quality, the game is more or less in par with Hitman Blood Money, which is in my opinion the best social stealth game available. There are still a few bugs, a few crashs, some things to fix (some localizations problem, but some will be fixed in the next patch, for example) but the core game system is here and is pretty good.
Yeap, i played this game 8 hours per day minimum. I completed every level more than 50 times except 2 and 11. Game so good (9/10), but could be better. I wish DTS released it full potential immediately and hang on top releasing new patch every week.
>Correct me if I'm wrong but the few games of the same kind which was released (Hitman series, The Saboteur, Velvet Assasin, old Death to Spies games, for the most known) never offered a level editor and that's what might make the difference, especially if it use the steam workshop (I hope it'll will because that's what might motivate some peoples to buy the original game rather than keep their pirate versions and use external mods which would have to be updated manually, don't underestimate the lazyness of some peoples xD).
Common man, you cant be serious. Commandos, Desperados, Gunpoint, Invisible Inc, Dark Mod (thief), Death to Spies mods, Deus Ex 1, Penumbra, lot of small indies on independent engines or free engines from games listed above + doom engine and some others.
05-03-2016, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 07:48 PM by armitom.)
Some people just look at the water glass as half-empty...

P/S He meant newer games most of the games you mentioned are old (commandos,desperados,deus ex1,thief) and not traditional stealth games (gunpoint -more of a puzzle game,invisi inc) Dark mod is a free mod of Doom3 made by fans (cant really count it)
Lol penumbra is a horror game, and when did the Doom engine had stealth?

Generally older games didnt have a lot of the modern crap we have this days (dlc,microtransactions etc) so having level editors,mods was quite normal, not nowadays.

The only other STEALTH game coming out with level editor is Shadwen. also an indie game.
05-04-2016, 12:04 AM
>Penumbra is a horror game, and when did the Doom engine had stealth?
Penumbra despite beign horror game have stealth elements. Dark mod done on Doom 3 engine and have stealth. Indie devs can take engine (Unity, Unreal Engine, whatever) and make game from any genre.
About my choises: i pick games, that can be completed in stealth maner from level 1 to the very end.
>Some people just look at the water glass as half-empty...
I try to be objective and do some research on object, before making any conclusions. Game 9/10 for stealth genre and 7/10 as compared to other games currently on a market, due to poor techical execution.
But Maximum games want to compete with AAA titles, so they poor a bunch of stupid cliches into brilliant game and make decisions, which, as they saw it, lead to success in mainstream community to make game sells on steam. Post-production and marketing make me cringe and for many gamers experience was blend and forgetable. Cmon Max Games, stop pretending like you know everything about industry. LOL, and now they delaying patches..