Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Bug reports
06-18-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: Bug reports
I guess they might be working on the random crashes.

The game is still missing Steam Cloud, which is a pretty standard feature in most PC games, and autodetection of the controller.

And yeah, probably also working on the release on the level editor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2016, 04:20 AM
(06-17-2016 10:27 PM)armitom Wrote:  So....What happens next for Death to Spies/Alekhines Gun? Its awfully silent now..

DLC? More Patches?

And i think we are getting the level editor soon right?

It's been a while since Alexey posted that the level editor may come out "in a month". But I won't take his word for it, it might take longer than that. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to come out this early.
06-18-2016, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 07:11 PM by Hiei-.)
Dunno if it can help but several peoples reported on Steam that random crashes often occurs after video and sound start to desynch in-game.

And the fact the few error logs I got were about "Xaudio" make me think those crashes might be related to audio issues.
07-09-2016, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 09:33 PM by Hiei-.)
New bug I found : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=721062765

I'm sharing it here but it's not really that important, especially when I got to crash to desktop other than this.

Again, for the next patch, I would love to see Steam Cloud support. I often play on two differens computers and it's a bit bothersome to have to move the saves each time (especially when 99% of games released are using Steam Cloud, it really should be pretty easy to add).

I also read somewhere you would put a hotkey for quicksave. Is is enabled on the game with the last patch? If yes, can it be triggered with the 360 controller. If not, it is still planned and could it be triggered with the 360 controller.

I restarted to play the game again, and with those two crashs to desktop, I remembered while I stopped to play the game after I finished the game. I never think to save on those kind of games and so when a crash occur, I lose all my progress.

In addition to the actual "saves on objectives", can you also put a timed auto-save? (which would register on another slot). Like something who would save every two minutes, or at least, every five minutes?

Because when you are looking to get ghost ranking, you can sometimes play a lot without doing any objectives (getting items, for example) so if a crash occurs and if you haven't save before, you lose everything and it's quite bothersome.

Of course, it would be better to completely get rid of the random crashes but I guess it would already be done if it was planned/possible to fix them :/ ?

Like some other peoples, I noticed the game start to lag before it crash, dunno if this information can help, though.

The error log also always state a problem with Xaudio2.dll so I would guess the crashs are related to a bug in the sound engine?

And I'm also curious. Does the developpers also encounter those random crashes or are players the only ones who are affected by them? Because it would be pretty weird that developpers don't have any crash when near each player got several ones.
07-10-2016, 02:03 AM
Managed to reproduce the bug in another location, so it seems to happen everytime when you try to go down too fast.
07-24-2016, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2016 07:11 AM by Hiei-.)
About the random crashs (which sometimes display an "xaudio2" error) : https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/chuckw/...audio-2-7/
09-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Discovered a bug in Angels in Texas:

Taking Phil Munson's clothes allows you to freely enter everything in the level, because his AI_BodyForm is not set to Artist, and there are no PlayerForms of the type Kabrera listed in the zones.shadvs file.
11-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Hey guys!

For some reason I can't see the mouse cursor when browsing the menus of Alekhine's Gun. This makes the game pretty unplayable for me, seeing as I can't start missions nor apply edits in the settings. I'm running the game on Windows 10. Got any ideas for what I can do to solve this and see the mouse cursor?
11-28-2018, 05:56 PM
(11-28-2018 05:47 PM)Norwegian Wrote:  Hey guys!

For some reason I can't see the mouse cursor when browsing the menus of Alekhine's Gun. This makes the game pretty unplayable for me, seeing as I can't start missions nor apply edits in the settings. I'm running the game on Windows 10. Got any ideas for what I can do to solve this and see the mouse cursor?

I noticed you posting it on the Steam forum. Unfortunately, I don't know what it might be, as I don't have Windows 10 yet, and I'm not sure if any of the Death to Spies games run properly on Windows 10.
11-28-2018, 05:58 PM
Damn shame, as I'd love to be able to finish the story... Might have to try playing with Xbox 360 controller, that might work. I tried running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7, suspected that the OS could perhaps be the issue, but nope. No solution. Windowed mode didn't work either. Thanks for the quick response though, I'll see what I can manage to do and hopefully maybe someone knows a fix for this..