Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Editor and tools
08-12-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Editor and tools
Ну ты крут комрад.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2016, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 10:17 AM by allrounder18.)
Hey Alexey if you are watching can you do some videos regarding scripts and also can you confirm that my comprehension regarding scripts are true? Also blank template with basic AI plz.
08-13-2016, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 07:11 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(08-13-2016 10:17 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Hey Alexey if you are watching can you do some videos regarding scripts and also can you confirm that my comprehension regarding scripts are true? Also blank template with basic AI plz.
I dont think Alexey have time for this. You got everything right, but be more concrete with your questions. Tell me what you cant do and post your script. I try to correct it and send you working one back.
About blank map map AI: try delete everything from .lua except OnSave, OnLoad, OnInitialise and task scripts (not sure about last one).

(08-11-2016 09:13 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  I haven't managed yet to do a room and to insert it back in the game but if I manage to do so, I'll do a tutorial about it (I looked several tutorials on YouTube but I'm not sure they are enough complete to work with the game. I would need to know exactly what the game requirements for a valid room, or better, to have a 3DS Max 2009 sample file from one room of the game).

About "how to enable the plugins", I don't think it need a video. Basically, you just have to copy both plugins folder from the tools in 3DS Max 2009 folder and overwrite them, then start 3DS Max 2009 and now filetype will be added automatically in the "export" menu.
So how your progress goes?
08-13-2016, 08:07 PM
(08-13-2016 07:02 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 10:17 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  Hey Alexey if you are watching can you do some videos regarding scripts and also can you confirm that my comprehension regarding scripts are true? Also blank template with basic AI plz.
I dont think Alexey have time for this. You got everything right, but be more concrete with your questions. Tell me what you cant do and post your script. I try to correct it and send you working one back.
About blank map map AI: try delete everything from .lua except OnSave, OnLoad, OnInitialise and task scripts (not sure about last one).

(08-11-2016 09:13 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  I haven't managed yet to do a room and to insert it back in the game but if I manage to do so, I'll do a tutorial about it (I looked several tutorials on YouTube but I'm not sure they are enough complete to work with the game. I would need to know exactly what the game requirements for a valid room, or better, to have a 3DS Max 2009 sample file from one room of the game).

About "how to enable the plugins", I don't think it need a video. Basically, you just have to copy both plugins folder from the tools in 3DS Max 2009 folder and overwrite them, then start 3DS Max 2009 and now filetype will be added automatically in the "export" menu.

Will start my work on brand new mission once Alexey releases the blank map with terrain and basic AI only.
08-13-2016, 08:23 PM
(08-13-2016 08:07 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  

Will start my work on brand new mission once Alexey releases the blank map with terrain and basic AI only.

You're in luck, Alexey has just released a blank map. I'm also using it for the Checkpoint Charlie test map, too.
08-14-2016, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 06:40 AM by Hiei-.)

Not retried yet, still trying to guess what the game need for a room. The rooms I made on 3DSMax doesn't import successfully in the game.

Each time I import them in the editor, it only import them as a quadtree, even though they seem to have textures in 3DSMax.

It's too bad we can't export rooms form the editor into 3DSMax, that would make pretty easy to see how they should be to work.

But I'll retry to do it a bit later.

(08-08-2016 01:52 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 01:37 PM)allrounder18 Wrote:  I have one more thing in my mind that is can you able to run two or more simultaneous version of the editor while using clone function that is copying something from one map and then pasting it in antoher map?

Yes you can. I've been trying to create a test map from scratch and I've been cloning some stuff from Snake Born (I'm intending to make a Checkpoint Charlie mission - there's some assets like the famous sign and Soviet and (modern) German flags, from back when Snake Born was the first mission and set in early 60s Berlin rather than WWII-era Austria). I still can't figure out how to add the terrain textures used in Snake Born, however.

How do you do exactly? Because clone is CTRL-V (so "paste) but there's no "copy" (CTRL-C) so I can clone something in a level, but not paste it in another map. Or maybe you talk about scripts? Because I guess he meant rooms and objects.
08-14-2016, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 08:04 AM by Hiei-.)
About rooms, I'm starting to wonder if the problem I have is that I don't export them successfully.

Because, I just did a new one in 3DSMax and this time, it have textures for sure as I applied a bitmap as a texture and I saw them in 3DSMax.

But when I export it as a polyshape, textures doesn't appear in the editor. And when I try to export the map to the game, I get the old error :

NoSplitterPoly found 9. Not planar polygon specified?3
NoSplitterPoly found 13. Not planar polygon specified?3
NoSplitterPoly found 18. Not planar polygon specified?3

(I import the room in the editor with VisArea then build the bsptree, maybe it's not the good way to do it).

In 3DSMax, I have three textured (bitmap texture) walls joined together.

Edit : I just noticed some things look like indoor room textures (like Level08_castle_indoor_02) so I'm not just textures in 3DSMax are required anymore, so pretty lost about room creation. If I just add "Level08_cadtle_indoor_02" to the map, it work like a room (outdoor walls are missing but seem normal as I haven't put the outdoor brush), collisions work fine and such so is this like that you do rooms? And so, the polyshape would be for the skeleton of the room?).
08-14-2016, 09:53 AM
@lizshaw
Can you describe exactly how do you copy objects and rooms from another smersh editor running with map loaded.
I am facing same problem as Hei as CTRL+V just clone the object on the current map.
08-14-2016, 10:23 AM
(08-14-2016 09:53 AM)allrounder18 Wrote:  @lizshaw
Can you describe exactly how do you copy objects and rooms from another smersh editor running with map loaded.
I am facing same problem as Hei as CTRL+V just clone the object on the current map.

I only copied stuff from the terrain modifier, like RGB settings for fog and sunlight and such.
08-14-2016, 12:24 PM
I found out how to copy stuff from maps and load them in other map, first you have to select the relevant objects and then click on modify tab and then save them as objects and name the file, in the other map click modify and then click load objects and select the. Obj file you saved from the other map.