Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Editor and tools
08-03-2016, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 11:09 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Video RE: Editor and tools
Please, explain how camo works. I mean how can I add new spare camo, that wasnt in game previously. Like driver uniform. I remember in DTS MotMod spare clothes was added on Canibal mission.

When I clone existing camo and just pick another skin and mesh - nothing changes. If I rename from german soldier to driver withot changing anything - I cant use uniform in the game. If I create new, basicaly copypasting from another level - dont work too. For example copying scientist uniform all properties, but adding scientist actor and killing him make changing cloth possible.

I will record basic camera control tutorial; creating and interacting with objects or object groups; making patrol paths; explaining aianchor and showing basic examples of idle cascade, talk, animation and more then two anchor sequencing. I show all tabs, tools and context menu functionalities.

Plus I record prealpha of Ghost of the past changes i'm done and what I want in next updates (asking help from you guys, because I cant code). I include three of my 4 month old videos to showcase all of major ai exploites, left from previous DTS games (you can find my old videos on DTS 1 wolfhound/nokills/expert/suitonly/min.cloroused/max.ratings for all missions, except missions 1 and 8 and All Zeroes in stats for mission 2). I hope I can record, edit and upload in day or two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 04:00 PM by Alexey.)
RE: Editor and tools
To create new uniforms you will have to use Zone Manager (Alt+M). There you will define/add NPC forms and Player forms. Also every zone can have it's own rules for NPC form-Player form pair.
For example, you define zone basement. Setup this zone in some VisArea or using ZoneTrigger. When player enters this zone, rules of this zone will be active.
So, if for example, there is npc with form Guard and Player's form is Civilian and rule will be [Guard Civilian] -> StopMoveDynamic, the guard will stop move player on entering this zone and will follow him until player leaves. There are other rules like Decamouflage/Alert/Inform Guard/etc.. So, for every zone, you will have to setup every pair of Npc/Player form rules.
Zone id can be defined in VisArea (this are the objects that seperates rooms for rendering, but you can define zone id in them) or using ZoneTrigger.
Forms are defined in Actor entities. There is two type of uniforms. AI_Form - is the one that used in rules and AI_BodyForm is the one that will be assigned to player when he changes into this uniform. This is need because for example you need two different Guards, one that Follow player and one just that StopMoves him on distance. You will create Guard1,Guard2 uniforms, but player will use common Guard uniform.

There is also "Global" zone. There you will define global rules. So, if basement zone will not have [Guard Civilian] rule, it will try to search this rule in Global zone.
08-03-2016, 05:21 PM
A new interaction has now been implemented in Omerta. Here's a video showing this, which also serves as an announcement video for the modding tools:

08-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the release.

I'll look at it soon Smile
08-04-2016, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 04:02 AM by Hiei-.)
I saw two sound options in the level editor (xaudio2 and directsound). As the random crashs often display a xaudio2 error, wouldn't switch to directsound be able to avoid the random crashs of the game?

And can we create a map from scratch and be able to try it in the game? Or are we stuck with the four levels from the editor from now?

I wanted to try to create a single room, just out of curiosity. How to define quadtree in the editor? (can't manage to find it).
08-04-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm having trouble understanding Free Boxes for Waypoints. I want to add new jobs on Black Book for Saboteur difficulty and I need to add extra waypoints for that. Unfortunately, when I click on Check Correct and try to move the new waypoint to a position so the globe around it disappears, I can't find a spot close enough to where I want the waypoint due to free box issues. How do free boxes work for waypoints connected to anchors?
08-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Can you select AI jobs from the predefined jobs in the editor or you have to hard code it using lua scripts? and also how can you change AI walking path?
08-04-2016, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 02:16 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Video RE: Editor and tools

Showcase of minor changes i done so far. I recommend watching in x2.0 speed mode, cause video frame rate fucked up after uploading on youtube for some random reason.
Pls explain how TaskArestPlayer.lua works and how can i apply it to actors or zones.
And can someone explain what happened during development. I fixing prison zones now and i see, that all zones defined, but not attached to proper VisAreas. Like prison_3 prison_nearboidroom2, etc. Animation triggers (sitting, guarding, backwall) have strange uniform filters. Same shit with unused anchors. Why i brought up this? Because i watched every review and lets play on Alekhine's Gun and people complaining on same topics, that already presented in game, but not implemented properly. Game solid 8/10, not 3-4/10.
08-04-2016, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 04:40 PM by Hiei-.)
(08-04-2016 02:49 AM)Hiei- Wrote:  I saw two sound options in the level editor (xaudio2 and directsound). As the random crashs often display a xaudio2 error, wouldn't switch to directsound be able to avoid the random crashs of the game?

And can we create a map from scratch and be able to try it in the game? Or are we stuck with the four levels from the editor from now?

I wanted to try to create a single room, just out of curiosity. How to define quadtree in the editor? (can't manage to find it).

By quadtree, I mean this :

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2016/08/0...324515.png

(As I'm not sure I'm using the right word but I guess it's the right one as Google images display the right thing when I search for it and the editor also complain about the lack of quadtree).

Edit : Oh, seems I just found it : Objects => VisibleArea => OccluderHouse.

But still, it would be nice to have an empty template of the first level to make some test/examples. I tried just to do "Select all" then delete all objects but it make the mission crash when you load it in-game then (and using the "File => New" option, I'm not sure the result can then be exported in the game successfully).

Because I guess most people will prefer to create levels from scratch rather than modify existing levels.

I suppose the first point which would be nice to have a tutorial for would be basic level building : Create a map, ground, a room, a door, adding a NPC and make him go to a standard ai path (this thing doesn't seem really hard with anchors). Only with that, people would be able to try and create smalll levels.

I guess it might already be possible but is there any way to launch a newly created mission directly in the game? (as I saw when you export a newly created level, it create a directory of the mission name in the game directory). Maybe with a command line?
08-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Okay, so I installed 3ds Max 2009, and I copied the plugins into the program files. How do I view the SMF models in it?