Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
AG Rebirth Mod
10-28-2016, 02:59 AM
RE: AG Rebirth Mod
Downloaded, but it registers as containing a virus or malware.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2016, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2016 05:51 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(10-28-2016 02:59 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Downloaded, but it registers as containing a virus or malware.
No shady executable files there, must be unreliable host or zip file extension. I hope you know how to open and unpack it. Smile
Tell me how mod works and if you have patience play a first level in different ways. I created half of routes with SuitOnly/NoTranquilizer/DistractionShots speedrun style in mind and playtested them already. For uniform and tranquilizer users there are plenty stuff too and future updates focus on that particular aspect.
10-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Download it to try it and no complain from my antivirus (Eset), personally.
10-28-2016, 11:11 AM
ComradeReptiloid, can you try to upload it on DropBox or MEGA, please?
10-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Okay, downloaded the DropBox link and it hasn't been flagged as malware. I'll go over this mod very soon.
10-29-2016, 06:18 AM
So I had a look at your mod. There are a couple things I could implement in my Enhancement Addon, such as the AI tweaks and the locked door to the basement. However, I think changing a lot of the NPC jobs and rearranging items and furniture is unnecessary. I know there are a few unused anchors present in the level, but I think they should either be left alone or given to entirely new NPCs. However, it's your mod.

Another nitpick is the second Red Cross soldier. Originally, the driver of the medical truck at the start of Ghosts of the Past had the same head as the target Fichtner/Kneller. I didn't like it, so I changed it and showed it to Alexey, who then changed it on his end before the DtS3 Demo was made public. If this skin has to be used, it should be used outside of Ghosts of the Past. Look at Snake Born, some of the firemen have the same head as Fichtner/Kneller. But again, it's your mod.

Are you thinking of tweaking the AI on Easy and Normal difficulties as well, or just Hard?
10-29-2016, 03:28 PM
(10-29-2016 06:18 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Are you thinking of tweaking the AI on Easy and Normal difficulties as well, or just Hard?
It's not the last version of my AI tweaks of course. I will change all possible values and behaviours, especialy dead body radius, fighting and fear ones, later. My intend was to make hard difficulty challenging and realistic, but not frustrating at the same time. Easy will stay the way it is, I will tinker normal a bit to adress casual players complains.
(10-29-2016 06:18 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  However, I think changing a lot of the NPC jobs and rearranging items and furniture is unnecessary. I know there are a few unused anchors present in the level...
First off, my mod is free and everyone can download, change it and upload one's own version, or take any ideas they want.
I want to grasp original ideas meant to be used in levels or at least as I view them. For first level there was two exits — main gates and playable tunnel after owen. One of your objectives was to kill or save boid (ZEKK) that moved between prisoner zone and boid_room. There was GS14 Ambal skin npc (probably boid room guard, that activated boid_room_near_3 after boid used Level08_kreslo_01) that transported him and performed jobs for opening and closing "deadlock" DR41 door. You can activate Level08_mgates_device03 with unique ID DV03 to open gates and use vehicle (a lot of proofs in files and editor that vehicles existed) to escape with boid and complete mission that way (i dont even think that Rambaldi was presented in level).
There was no prison room in basement. Patroling guard on prison first floor used some anchors in basement and there was another npc or two in lower level of basement. Manhole was used to dump bodies in lower level of basement. There was another doctor probably in basement (Doctor-Doctor-Decamouflage was in zones).
Officer used to go in officer_room, look at picture and do something else, probably safe related. I restored most of Kneller and his guard jobs, sniper tower and sitting bench.
This is list of major changes need to be done + some of my improvements. There is a lot of another smaller impovements I discovered in files and editor.
(10-29-2016 06:18 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  I think they should either be left alone or given to entirely new NPCs. However, it's your mod.
I think static npcs handicap no suit balance and strip off dynamics from the game. It impossible to make some routes work with static npcs. All major guarding npcs
and talking ones left static to add more live and challenge to the level.
(10-29-2016 06:18 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Another nitpick is the second Red Cross soldier. Originally, the driver of the medical truck at the start of Ghosts of the Past had the same head as the target Fichtner/Kneller. I didn't like it, so I changed it and showed it to Alexey, who then changed it on his end before the DtS3 Demo was made public. If this skin has to be used, it should be used outside of Ghosts of the Past. Look at Snake Born, some of the firemen have the same head as Fichtner/Kneller. But again, it's your mod.
You can change that yourself. I never look at npc faces, only at uniform. Same NPC faces is standart concept for stealth games. On the other hand targets must be unique, true indeed.

Did you tested Kneller new jobs? Did you tried new wall climb route? Did you tried 2 new teleport triggers -- one leading to Kneller room and another to sniper tower?
10-29-2016, 04:00 PM
(10-29-2016 03:28 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Did you tested Kneller new jobs? Did you tried new wall climb route? Did you tried 2 new teleport triggers -- one leading to Kneller room and another to sniper tower?

Yes, I remembered you added those in.
10-29-2016, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 03:04 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(10-29-2016 04:00 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(10-29-2016 03:28 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Did you tested Kneller new jobs? Did you tried new wall climb route? Did you tried 2 new teleport triggers -- one leading to Kneller room and another to sniper tower?

Yes, I remembered you added those in.

I will make a video on new tweaked action system comparing updated normal mod and hard mods rush. I'll be lying if I say that combat dont become very challenging even for campers. Lot of new tweaks for neutral uniform behaviours and whistling too. Game become more interesting. Combat became super hard on levels with lot of submachine guns and less cover.
Edit: AI now surrender if you sneak close enough and aim weapon at him. For example: sneak yp to traitor while he taking bath, whistle and he will surrender. Shoot him in the face and watch his body epicly lying in bath and huge bloodsplatter covering wall.
AI will suspect you if witness near dead body. After AI check dead body state you will be no longer suspected by walking near.
Decoy now use threat meter. So if you deactivate decoy AI return at starting point without picking it up. When visual contact benn established, AI will go and pick up decoy.
AI turn A LOT faster. Tricking AI now hard thing to do if you dont use neutral uniform.
BTW, this game has potential of FEAR level AI and Desperados 1 Stealth behaviours. Too bad publishers limited Haggard Games by time and money. I try to restore as much as I can.
10-30-2016, 03:04 AM
New complete pack instead of old one:
Alekhine's Gun Rebirth + AI + Level02Minor + Level08Fix + Levels for editor
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4vtefsz3zt9mu...r.zip?dl=0