Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
AG Rebirth Mod
02-24-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: AG Rebirth Mod
(02-24-2017 11:54 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 05:20 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  This was back when I was trying to implement new jobs in Black Book, and I have since resolved the issues. Also, good to see you've restored Actor Frak back in Omerta. How many Frak NPCs are you planning to implement in the next version? I'm going to adjust the skins a bit. Strogov's model apparently has a non-existant "hitman_body1.dds" attached to it, so I'll have to delete them from the model.

I will restore Fraks, VillaWomen, and CivilianMan 1st skins, but I keep secret for what I'm going to use them.

Okay. If you're referring to MenCivil, they were created for Check and Mate (they were first seen in the E3 2010 Demonstration), not Omerta. I already restored all skins of that Actor, as there were five of them in Check and Mate. v0.04 of my mod will now ship with some skin adjustments for Frak, and removed one for the nude model.

Here's some advice, do not change the voice templates for Actors Lackey and Waiter if you're thinking of restoring them for Omerta, as they're used in A Mole Among Us instead. Both Actors have an unused African-American skin which could be used for Omerta, though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 01:12 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(02-24-2017 12:16 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Okay. If you're referring to MenCivil, they were created for Check and Mate (they were first seen in the E3 2010 Demonstration), not Omerta. I already restored all skins of that Actor, as there were five of them in Check and Mate. v0.04 of my mod will now ship with some skin adjustments for Frak, and removed one for the nude model.

Here's some advice, do not change the voice templates for Actors Lackey and Waiter if you're thinking of restoring them for Omerta, as they're used in A Mole Among Us instead. Both Actors have an unused African-American skin which could be used for Omerta, though.

I know all of that. I viewed all folders after my first game walkthroughs + all brushes, animations and default zones after editor was released. I don't know how so many uniforms were used in a restricted environment like this. Levels are big, but not big enough for so many different uniforms and targets, especially inside interiors (I wish AG was like Chicago 1930 in terms of interior design).

Mission 2 have so much unused content. I am trying to restore everything. You can see very early pre-alpha version of this level, where I restored exterior area, and fixed all zones except car_zone and #search. Cook still gets Decamouflaged during search animation and I can't trace where the problem is.

There is preview version with old .slp for editor. I will release new one after I make jobs for Cataldo and his son, which is my next target:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8irjk5tkd70tzb...r.zip?dl=0

BTW, very good news for AG. Popular YT guys Funhaus make 2nd video on AG. Look at this stats:
https://steamspy.com/app/406720
And peak concurrent players yesterday was, probably, you and me Cool
02-26-2017, 02:21 AM
(02-25-2017 09:33 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I will release new one after I make jobs for Cataldo and his son

I wish people would stop this misconception that Domenico Margaretti is Cataldo's son. Even though his actor name is "MafiaSon", he is Cataldo's Consigliere, which is a completely different thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consigliere

(02-25-2017 09:33 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  BTW, very good news for AG. Popular YT guys Funhaus make 2nd video on AG.

If only these "popular" YouTubers look at our mods instead of talking bad shit about AG. These fuckers are the same people who ignored us when we tried to crowdfund it.Angry
02-26-2017, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 05:10 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(02-26-2017 02:21 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  I wish people would stop this misconception that Domenico Margaretti is Cataldo's son. Even though his actor name is "MafiaSon", he is Cataldo's Consigliere, which is a completely different thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consigliere

Yeap, I know. My theory is following:

Spoiler: Show

Backstory:
Gorlov was a Russian agent spying on Rosewater, one of the mafia bosses. He heard a President's name mentioned on several occasions, and got caught stealing audiotapes. He was killed in the basement with alarm protection, but his status is currently unknown, so General sends 3 best operatives to investigation what happened to Gorlov. Also, he tells Strogov about "old friend" Rambaldi, who contacted KGB and requested meeting with Semyon personaly to discuss potential anti-government conspiracy and possible mafia connection to it.

Rambaldi tells about the local gang war taking place between two biggest mafia syndicates. Nothing unusual in 60's America, but that an opportunity to take out Rosewater, who is suspected of anti-government conspiracy. Rambaldi informs Strogov on their little team that investigates anti-government plot and mafia involvement, which is another proof of Gorlov words.

The department has unconfirmed info about a secret meeting between army official and Rosewater that will happen under the cover of private party. CIA higher ranks requested death of Rosewater son, so you and your new team must kill four rabbits with one stone, but do it covertly. The best recommendation is to frame Mamolitti family. Strogov (Player skin), Olga (OlgaDress) and Kovalev (KovalevShirt) supposed to carry on delicate task of eliminating targets. CIA can only supply you with two fake invitations for family pair, Kovalev must resort to hiding in the shadows.

List of forms:
  • Frak -- civilian men;
  • VillaWomen -- civilian women;
  • SolidierDriver -- personal driver for NavalOfficer;
  • Jazzmen -- band that playing music on party;
  • Lackey -- bellhop from hotel, showing arriving guests right way and do some work inside the mansion. Probably cleaning a cabinet wih audiotapes;
  • HouseMaid - used properly;
  • Waitress -- reception model from Hotel, walking around outside and in civilian zone in the mansion;
  • Waiter -- Barmen from Hotel, same as Waitress;
  • BarmanFat -- default model for Omerta Barman right now;
  • HouseSecurity -- currently named Guard, used to patroll outside of mansion, couple of them sprinkled around all floors too;
  • Security -- models used for two Guards in guard_room, top guards for third floor instead of GuardBoss model;
  • MafiaSon -- son of Rosewater;
  • Rosewater -- Rosewater, boss of mafia;
  • NavalOfficer -- unknow army official, was seen three times by Gorlov, suspect for conspiracy, shouldn't be killed;
  • Gorlov -- KGB spy, who you suppose to resque.

MissionSummary:
Gorlov dead. He leaved some notes on Kd22 syrom involvement. Both assasinations successfull. Audiotapes is another proof of conspiracy is real, revealing location of main collecting depot for conspirator forces, which is small rural town in Texas. Vargas name mentioned too.

MissionDetails:
[Secret until v0.04 of this level] (v0.01 right now)

Fast plot recap for next missions:

Vargas captured by your bureau. He speaks about Cuba, his old connection with Kabrera from war days, and about the recruitment of forces that happening here. Also, he tells you about money flow, which supplied by three mafia bosses of biggest New York mafia families, who trying to push their own agenda, so they decided to team up with the conspirators.

Strogov goes to Cuba alone, meanwhile his buddies keep unveiling conspiracy and finding clever ways to approach next targets. Strogov kills Ortega Lopez and Kabrera, and install transmitters on boats to track main transit point of conspirators. During this mission Strogov finds a telegrams like "invisible men coming" and another "instances of Kd22 testing on personal of training facilities". Semyon senses something hot in the air. Meanwhile, Pearson "accidentally" kills Vargas during so called "interrogation with predilection".

Agent Alekhine take a boat to transit point to eliminate head Cuba conspirators. Messages in this base strongly suggest to search for a mole in anti-conspiracy department. Also, he finds out that one of the big bosses was Esteban Santana, who was working for the CIA for a long time. Semyon discovers documents that connect Cuba, the Mafia, US Army and Navy. After eliminating Esteban and his general Uve Heldisham, Strogov send location of all training camps to Cuba revolutionary movement supported by the CIA. They taking out or blocking all training bases.

Strogov coming back to America to explain everything to the bureau. Rambaldi, Pearson and whole anti-conspiracy group stays for further investigate, while Strogov, Olga and Kovalev go to China to close the trap by eliminating all three mafia bosses. Extracted case reveals that Pearson is mole and additional intel on Kd22. Meanwhile, Pearson kills Rambaldi family and execute anti-conspiracy agents. Andrew Pearson is hiding in New York police department. The team goes through the tunnel system, because main entrance is, obviously, restricted for them. After knocking out Pearson, Strogov carrying him outside through underground railways. Andrew reveals undergoing plot like villains in classic James Bond movies.

Two most important part of the whole story are info on secret laboratory located under the Police Department (like the one in Berlin in 1943) and revealing of head conspirators, who are Bruce Gardner (head of the Defense Department) and Fichtner (unknown ideologist with German accent, head of Kd22 researches). Strogov remembers his first instance of contacting Kd22. His mission was to kill Kneller and Hans Heinrich, Kd22 project lead at the time. CIA and KGB cooperates for the first time. Alekhine must rescue American agent Bruce Gardner, who was secretly recruited by Fichtner. After the war ended Fichtner run into America and continued research of Kd22 with the help of Bruce Gardner, who now was working in the Defense Department, and they started forming a coup. Pearson and Andrzej Adamovich was one of the first men to join, because of their own motives and beliefs.

Strogov, Kovalev and Olga sneak into a secret bunker to eliminate two main conspirators and destroy Kd22 research for all. Fichtner tells Alekhine's about USSessex career and Andrzej Adamovich + that he can't be in time to stop plan unfolding. Semyon and his team can't afford to lose any time, so they take a CH-47 Chinook helicopter and head to USS Essex.

Alekhine's Gun was loaded and ready to shoot, but two rooks got removed and queen exposed for the frontal attack now. Team kills Andrzej Adamovich, who was supposed to launch final attack and conspirators keeped him hidden on 8th rank all this time. After preventing conspiracy and Caribbean Crisis continuation, team continue to work on CIA and KGB simultaneously. Rambaldi and Pearson is dead.

Game over.

(02-26-2017 02:21 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  If only these "popular" YouTubers look at our mods instead of talking bad shit about AG. These fuckers are the same people who ignored us when we tried to crowdfund it.Angry
True, but little they know. Computer gaming is my third favourite hobby for last 28 years.
Spoiler: Show
In 2016 I can truly differentiate 2 great (8 out of 10 and more) stealth games: Alekhine's Gun and Shadow Tactics Blade of Shogun.
02-26-2017, 05:46 PM
An excellent theory, and one that could be useful for a total rework of the game's story. However, there are some facts I'd like to point out based on evidence and past trailers:

Gorlov was going to be an assassination target in Check and Mate. In the final version, his model is used for the dead reporter in Angels in Texas. "Rosewater", also known as Rosouter, is an early version of Domenico Margaretti. There was an objective shown in 2011 which says "Pour Aphrodisiac Into Rosouter's Drink". And I think there were at least a couple of US Navy officers present in the villa in early screenshots.

Cataldo was originally created for Red Dragon, before being replaced with Paul Capello and moved to Omerta. Terrance Shaw was originally called "Mr. Rachinskiy".

Uve and Kabrera were the original assassination targets in the Cuba missions before being replaced with Lopez and Santana, not necessarily respectively. There's evidence that Kabrera was used until pretty much the last minute as a placeholder for Phil Munson (two black GMC pickup trucks can be found in Angels in Texas, and the model was created for Points on the Radar (Level04), his AI_Form is called "Kabrera" but his AI_BodyForm was never set to "Artist", resulting in a glitch where you can move around freely in all areas while wearing Munson's clothes, I think he may have appeared in Angels in Texas during the Kickstarter campaign, and in the CIA safe house, a photo of Kabrera can be seen on the board, above Vargas' photo).

And the first mission was meant to take place in early 1960s Berlin, not in 1943 (remember the Checkpoint Charlie assets I found?).

About your work on improving Omerta, I like how you added a lot of civilians in the outdoor areas (a shame there's no saxophone model anymore, though). However, I prefer not tranquilizing anyone at all, and it's impossible to beat it without tranquilizing someone now, especially since the guards on the third floor now raise the alarm when they see you dressed as a regular guard.

I'm attaching two screenshots, showing a side-by-side comparison between Rosouter and Margaretti. They have the same head texture, but their features are very different.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-26-2017, 10:07 PM
Great insights. I didnt know some of this stuff!

(02-26-2017 05:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Gorlov was going to be an assassination target in Check and Mate. In the final version, his model is used for the dead reporter in Angels in Texas.
"Rosewater", also known as Rosouter, is an early version of Domenico Margaretti. There was an objective shown in 2011 which says "Pour Aphrodisiac Into Rosouter's Drink". And I think there were at least a couple of US Navy officers present in the villa in early screenshots...

...Uve and Kabrera were the original assassination targets in the Cuba missions before being replaced with Lopez and Santana, not necessarily respectively. There's evidence that Kabrera was used until pretty much the last minute as a placeholder for Phil Munson (two black GMC pickup trucks can be found in Angels in Texas, and the model was created for Points on the Radar (Level04), his AI_Form is called "Kabrera" but his AI_BodyForm was never set to "Artist", resulting in a glitch where you can move around freely in all areas while wearing Munson's clothes, I think he may have appeared in Angels in Texas during the Kickstarter campaign, and in the CIA safe house, a photo of Kabrera can be seen on the board, above Vargas' photo).

I remember you posted this info before. Killing small additional targets on final stages doesn't make sense for story high points. I guess, the developers removed Gorlov for that reason. Gorlov more appropriate for Omerta or Angels in Texas. In my opinion, developers moved him to Bikers, since a lot of content for this level was cut and whole level gets hardest remake of them all. (level03_piramida is hilarious).

Dominico model called Gorlov01, unused generator_basement_near and, the most important, generator_room prove something. Layout of generator room closely resembles one from Angels in Texas, and the generator itself (level02_generator01) was designed for Omerta mission. Mafia Son is a carbon copy of Rosewater, he is another final version filler for levels, which I adore -- more content always better.

You posted about this photo and trucks before. Phil Munson is obvious filler still called Kabrera in zone files, Vargas was called Garcia originally. Lopez and Santana fillers too, but they fit well into the story. Although, I thought that Santana was original, because his skin looks unique and he fits into the story better.

(02-26-2017 05:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  And I think there were at least a couple of US Navy officers present in the villa in early screenshots.

You right on this one. Too bad developers deleted Navy Officers, sax models for Custom_Play_Sax and Custom_Play_Saxophone, broom for Custom_Besom, weights for Custom_Barbell.

(02-26-2017 05:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Cataldo was originally created for Red Dragon, before being replaced with Paul Capello and moved to Omerta. Terrance Shaw was originally called "Mr. Rachinskiy".

Yep, that's why I said about 3 Mafia bosses on China level. I think that Paul Capello is filler, but I included him in the plot list anyway. Rachinskiy and Westlake was original targets (I suppose so).

(02-26-2017 05:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  And the first mission was meant to take place in early 1960s Berlin, not in 1943 (remember the Checkpoint Charlie assets I found?).

Still waiting for some progress on Checkpoint Charlie.

(02-26-2017 05:46 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  About your work on improving Omerta, I like how you added a lot of civilians in the outdoor areas (a shame there's no saxophone model anymore, though). However, I prefer not tranquilizing anyone at all, and it's impossible to beat it without tranquilizing someone now, especially since the guards on the third floor now raise the alarm when they see you dressed as a regular guard.

I will record video walkthrough for you. I just say that presented version includes 4 ways to get inside 3rd floor. 1 for sabouter, 1 for cook, 1 for HouseGuard, and one is really tricky and very advanced for speedruns + you can use tranqulizer.

As I stated earlier, I will include new jobs for Cataldo. He would go to play golf (using bat animations) on the balcony with radio, where you can snipe him from the garden, and to smoke on second balcony where you can push him or snipe him from outside. Also, he will be visiting the toilet, where you can drown him. So, I am planning to have 6 accidents for him and minimum 12 (there are too many interconnections to count) ways to approach him.
02-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Here it is:

03-01-2017, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 08:22 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Massive revamp of mission 3 "Snake Born". There is so many changes that I can't describe them all.
Main ones:
  • you cant open hatch before you extracted building planes;
  • new npc's and advanced timings/anchors;
  • new ways to approach Adolf, look for GeomHelpers in the editor;
  • zones remaked. huge balancing and design logic restored;
  • hellotriggers for all static npc's as a reaction to officer uniform, new ways to get fireman, SS and officer uniforms outside of fire department;
  • dozens of small fixes and timing adjustments.

LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8irjk5tkd70tzb...r.zip?dl=0
03-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Okay, I tried out your revamp of Snake Born. I'm pleased you added unused bus and bus stop, and added a few more civilians on the streets. I also noticed you added a couple of Swiss policemen as well. After a look on Wikipedia, I think I understand that Austria didn't have a civilian police force during WWII, as they were integrated into the Ordnungspolizei after Anschluss. The model, I think, should best be used for France and Switzerland.
03-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Смотрю не бросаешь моддинг. Молодец.