Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
AG Rebirth Mod
03-16-2017, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 04:05 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
RE: AG Rebirth Mod
(03-16-2017 03:42 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  How exactly do FuckAnimFormMask functions work?

If FuckAnimFormMask is defined for certain npc, then he will lock you in his vision cone for long amount of time and execute Fuck animation. If you come in 3m proximity to him, npc will do anything, even turn around, to not break his vision lock.

If it not set up, then npcs just pass you buy and wouldn't break their animation if they stationary or executing anchor. You can see stupid reactions like this in vanilla game, when npc will just stand and look at you for no reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2017, 04:25 PM
(03-16-2017 04:00 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 03:42 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  How exactly do FuckAnimFormMask functions work?

If FuckAnimFormMask is defined for certain npc, then he will lock you in his vision cone for long amount of time and execute Fuck animation. If you come in 3m proximity to him, npc will do anything, even turn around, to not break his vision lock.

If it not set up, then npcs just pass you buy and wouldn't break their animation if they stationary or executing anchor. You can see stupid reactions like this in vanilla game, when npc will just stand and look at you for no reason.

And how do the disguises work in regards to FuckAnimFormMask?
03-16-2017, 10:12 PM
(03-16-2017 04:25 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  And how do the disguises work in regards to FuckAnimFormMask?

For example:
Player in civilian uniform in zone with 2 barmens, guard and another civilian.

Both Barmens have a Decamouflage reaction to Civilian uniform. Barmen#1 have civilian uniform listed in FuckAnimFormMask, Barmen#2 not. Barmen #1 and #2 will behave similarly -- decamouflage player. One difference can be made here. If you uncheck Barmen #2 CanLookPlayer, then his viewcone will be stationary. If you enter his view zone for 1 seconds, then he will not turn his head to follow you after you exited it despite having Decamouflage reaction.

The guard doesn't have any specific reaction set for player uniform, but Civilian listed in FuckAnimFormMask. When player will enter the 3m radius near Guard, then he will lock his vision cone on the player. Don't matter if Guard stationary, patrolling, moving between anchors or executing one of the anchors. If a player will stay in Guard viewcone for some time, then Guard will execute Fuck animation. FuckAnimFormMask working well with important zones guards.

Civilian doesn't have any specific reaction and FuckAnimFormMask for Civilian uniform. If the player going to run circles around, stand in front of him for any amount of time or doing any other non-suspicion raising action, then Civilian just continue his job ignoring you.

Demonstration of new gameplay:

03-17-2017, 06:44 AM
I've been implementing most of your Zones tweaks. I noticed that in Red Dragon you made the civilian facing the door to the storage rooms corridor in the restaurant react by telling you to leave. And apparently, there's something I didn't really register until then - this civilian is the only one who carries a gun.

Going into the SWD, it turns out he was originally a security guard, so I changed his Actor from "ChinaVisitor" to "ChinaSecurity" and his AI_Form to "Guard", so civilians no longer react to you trespassing. It's very easy to change Actor names in the SWD with hex editing, just be sure to change the byte number at the first YTNE entry afterwards to avoid screwing up the file.
03-19-2017, 09:12 AM
ComradeReptiloid, what exactly did you change in the Terrain and Vegetation files for Ghosts of the Past in your mod?
03-19-2017, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 03:58 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(03-19-2017 09:12 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  ComradeReptiloid, what exactly did you change in the Terrain and Vegetation files for Ghosts of the Past in your mod?

I deleted one or two trees that blocked the view from the tower on the bench, where Kneller sit from time to time. Also, I added some misc. grass here and there, one stump and replaced fallen tree a bit.
03-19-2017, 03:46 PM
(03-19-2017 03:02 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  
(03-19-2017 09:12 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  ComradeReptiloid, what exactly did you change in the Terrain and Vegetation files for Ghosts of the Past in your mod?

I deleted couple of trees that blocked the view from the tower on bench, where Kneller sit from time to time. Also I added some misc. grass here and there, one stump and replaced fallen three a bit.

Okay. And what about Common.lua in Scripts/Levels?
03-19-2017, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 04:10 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
I uncommented strings to check how things work, then undo and saved original file. No changes there.
03-19-2017, 04:21 PM
(03-19-2017 04:09 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I uncommented strings to check how things work, then undo and saved original file. No changes there.

And was it the same with TaskLookAroundCombatSound.lua?
03-19-2017, 04:44 PM
(03-19-2017 04:21 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(03-19-2017 04:09 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I uncommented strings to check how things work, then undo and saved original file. No changes there.

And was it the same with TaskLookAroundCombatSound.lua?

Yeap, I tried to intersect "auto-find shooting target" state for npc's if they see you after they heard combat sound, but game crushed as soon as npc see player model. I don't have an idea how to make them to suspect player in predefined radius like for #deadbody zone.