Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine`s Gun DLC
08-09-2016, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 03:47 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
Alekhine`s Gun DLC
http://www.maximumgames.com/game-blogs/t...hines-gun/
I browsed maximum games blog and find that.
Some quotes from comment section:
Quote:MG_Andrew
We have several ideas for DLC bouncing around the office right now. What would you personally like to see?

Hey, our favorites as well (but of course we're biased towards the unique historical narrative in Alekhine's Gun). You can look forward to testing your stealth skills across 11 open levels. And yes, the release date is November 10th. While we're thinking about future DLC opportunities, we haven't confirmed our plans yet. You'll hear it here first though!

Thank you for your support! It turns out that the story and gameplay is best experienced through playing as Agent Alekhine. However, we have not ruled out playing as other characters through future DLC missions.

BTW, we do have a female agent in the game, Vera Pavlova. She's a comrade lieutenant to Strogov in the KGB, and a fellow recruit of the CIA. Pavlova is the witty, amiable counterpoint to Strogov’s stoicism and serious nature, but she’s still a deadly force and capable of holding her own against enemies. She isn't playable, but we're still looking at different fun ideas for DLC.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: Alekhine`s Gun DLC
(08-09-2016 03:46 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  http://www.maximumgames.com/game-blogs/t...hines-gun/
I browsed maximum games blog and find that.
Some quotes from comment section:
We have several ideas for DLC bouncing around the office right now. What would you personally like to see?

Hey, our favorites as well (but of course we're biased towards the unique historical narrative in Alekhine's Gun). You can look forward to testing your stealth skills across 11 open levels. And yes, the release date is November 10th. While we're thinking about future DLC opportunities, we haven't confirmed our plans yet. You'll hear it here first though!

Thank you for your support! It turns out that the story and gameplay is best experienced through playing as Agent Alekhine. However, we have not ruled out playing as other characters through future DLC missions.

BTW, we do have a female agent in the game, Vera Pavlova. She's a comrade lieutenant to Strogov in the KGB, and a fellow recruit of the CIA. Pavlova is the witty, amiable counterpoint to Strogov’s stoicism and serious nature, but she’s still a deadly force and capable of holding her own against enemies. She isn't playable, but we're still looking at different fun ideas for DLC.

The blogs posts came from back when the game was unreleased. And I don't think there's any chance of DLC now that we have the level editor.
08-09-2016, 07:50 PM
The game wasn't a big success as far as i know, i really doubt MG wants to keep supporting the game.
I just hope for a couple more patches.
08-09-2016, 09:31 PM
There will be no DLC.
08-10-2016, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 02:29 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(08-09-2016 09:31 PM)adolf Wrote:  There will be no DLC.
(08-09-2016 07:50 PM)armitom Wrote:  The game wasn't a big success as far as i know, i really doubt MG wants to keep supporting the game.
I just hope for a couple more patches.
Guys, visit edior thread under mods subforum. We discussing editor and all tools and creating mods. Plus i release tutorials for new users. Адольф заходи, я могу и на русском писать.
08-10-2016, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 03:05 PM by armitom.)
I don't have the time to use the editor, nor the skill.
Can you guys create new levels? or just improve the original ones.
08-10-2016, 03:44 PM
(08-10-2016 03:05 PM)armitom Wrote:  I don't have the time to use the editor, nor the skill.
Can you guys create new levels? or just improve the original ones.
Alexey will release blank map soon and you be able to create levels from scratch.
08-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Awesum Big Grin
09-06-2016, 07:27 PM
So, any news on a patch?
06-10-2017, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 08:04 AM by Bloodrot.)
I'll be honest with you guys. Totally honest. Here is my take on the Alekhine's Gun situation.

I love this game. Loved it. I enjoyed it more than Hitman 6 and I say that with complete sincerity. This game is an indie gem.

However, there is a sad truth about the matter.

The game doesn't have a big "presence" in North America, it didn't sell very well, reviews tarnished its public opinion. I personally
had no issues with the performance or design. But it seems that reviewers all over Steam complained about crashes/bugs/etc.

Because of all this, I fear that there will never be a sequel or anything to follow-up this game with. Which means that as time goes on the only thing we'll have to get our "disguise stealth" fix for gameplay is the Hitman series and Death to Spies + MoT.

I pray that I'm wrong. And that the game did sell well enough to warrant a sequel. I want more.

Even if you guys keep the same engine, scripting, and everything and just release a "level pack" where Strogov has to assassinate more targets in diverse new maps I will happily pay for it. Like 3-4 new levels, new disguises and new settings. Same gameplay.

It seems no-one has the time nor the skill to make new levels. This is not a complaint, just a statement. We can give minor tweaks here and there, but the only way to get new levels would be from the Dev team themselves.

Of course, there are some flaws with the game but I can excuse 90% of them due to the indie nature. The graphics, lighting, animations, UI, and everything is excellently made. The only gripe I have is that the missions seem to deteriorate in quality towards the end.

Other than that, an excellent game. Truly one of my favourites and something I'll treasure because I accept the sad truth I'll never see a game like it again.