Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon v0.03
11-01-2016, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 03:10 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
RE: Alekhine's Gun Enhancement Addon v0.03
(11-01-2016 04:11 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  The only theory I can think of is there are files you modified that clash with my mod. Also, anybody else besides ComradeReptiloid who have the same problems with my mod? Please post here if you do. I appreciate feedback, I don't get much feedback on both this mod and the MoTmod Addon.
As already said before, I completely removed crashing version, then reinstalled clean Alekhine's Gun (without my mods) on different harddrive and same thing happened. Main menu, briefing and equip tab working fine, but as soon as level finish loading --- game crashes.
I dont copied levels folder this time and game crashed anyway. I try to reinstall last time and copy only sounds and textures.
UPDATE: stupidity is high in this one. I installed sounds and textures and everything work out. Then I installed all other parts of your mod and... Tada! NOW everything works perfectly!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
(11-01-2016 02:57 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  UPDATE: stupidity is high in this one. I installed sounds and textures and everything work out. Then I installed all other parts of your mod and... Tada! NOW everything works perfectly!

Great that you've sorted it all out!Big Grin I was about to suggest that upgrading to Patch v1.02 could help, because I update my mod to keep up with the latest official version of the game.
11-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm using patch v1.02 after it released. Log showing v1.0a Shadvs though. I will record level 1 and 8 with Enhancement Addon v0.03 and AG Rebirth v0.31
11-02-2016, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 03:22 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
My new internet rocks! Uploaded 1 gb video in 3 minutes.

Report after playtesting: as you can see from my log there is some problems with ragdolls -- Bones not defined for playable character ragdoll. Dont know how that happened, but npc now suffer "waterzone problem" as I call it. In waterzone's npc skeleton goes idle after some time. Enemies now affected by this "disease" rendering they dead bodies rock solid after 1 sec, usually resulting in funny slow-mo falls on the ass. Sometimes cheezy shit can be witnessed. I fired good MP44 burst in GermanSoldier head, his body stuck in the air for about a second, and only then fall on the ground. Two described problems quite rare to be fair. The common missfortune occuring to NPC legs. They stay in stupid positions after enemy death.
Another one: can you give me modified .slp of Black Book level from your mod? I prefer to build on top of that rather than copy your features.
11-02-2016, 03:19 AM
(11-02-2016 12:31 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Another one: can you give me modified .svg of Black Book level from your mod?

I never touched the .svg file of Black Book. Why would I move the level's vegetation around?
11-02-2016, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 05:41 AM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(11-02-2016 03:19 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 12:31 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Another one: can you give me modified .svg of Black Book level from your mod?

I never touched the .svg file of Black Book. Why would I move the level's vegetation around?

My fault. I messing around with vegetation and invisible walls and typed .svg instead of .slp. Edited later.
Random question: did you tried to play cutscenes in your browser? Sound and video quality far better if you watch this way.
11-02-2016, 06:35 AM
(11-02-2016 05:39 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Random question: did you tried to play cutscenes in your browser? Sound and video quality far better if you watch this way.

Do you mean viewing them through the files? Yes I have, I didn't know videos can be made to OGG format. I plan to redesign and redub those at some point.
11-02-2016, 03:19 PM
NEW VIDEO THERE:

11-03-2016, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 10:18 AM by adolf.)
(11-01-2016 03:44 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  That why I'm not very entusiastic about my mod. Peoples simply dont play them. I wonder where all this guests coming from. Or new 'legitimate' users in registration queue, that just simple ad bots. Nonetheless, YT show minor interest in Alekhine's Gun.
Похер всем на эту игру. В стиме её купило 4 тысяч. а в рознице и того меньше.
11-03-2016, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 02:59 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(11-03-2016 01:16 AM)adolf Wrote:  Похер всем на эту игру. В стиме её купило 4 тысяч. а в рознице и того меньше.
Это точно. Дали бы разрабам больше времени. Age of Decadence с выходом задержался на 10 лет и оправдал все ожидания. А все потому что за бугром серию СШ мало кто знает, хоть по ней и были спидраны от Kotti и великого Hitmaniac'а. Жаль, что DtS, Commandos, Hidden&Dangerous канули в лету как и сам жанр tactical squadbased strategy.

А теперь гвоздь программы:
Зачем было создавать AG для консолей и рекламировать как AAA проэкт в пресловутом жанре Stealth Action Adventure со всеми вытекающими отсюда гейм-дизайнерскими последствиями? Почему дата релиза была перенесена на промежуток времени, совпадающий с выходом Лысого и недавним успехом MGS V, что, очевидно, приведет к сравнениям между AG и оными? Stealth Action Adventure AAA по канону продается за счет "графона и сюжета", а не геймплэя; так для чего же тогда было принято решение пожертвовать этот самый классический и проработанный геймплэй в угоду апгрейженого движка 2009 года, если владельцы мыльниц не купят игру исходя из вышеописанного критерия? Все эти вопросы нужно задать издателю во время допроса с пристрастием. А за оправдания в стиле "streamline game to make it appealing for mainstream lowest common denominator console audience" или "we confident, that our rushed unfinished game can compete with other half-assed garbage, presented right now on the market" устраивать фустуарий.

Пойду играть в Stars! Angry

EDIT: CONSOLES WAS CANCER EVEN BACK THEN... WHEN THEY TRIED TO QUESTION PC SUPERIORITY REIGN OFC:

If you want more superiority read first two paragraphs of CGW first issue: http://www.cgwmuseum.org/galleries/issues/cgw_1.1.pdf
If you feeling lazy, there are transcript:
We know it hasn't been easy for you TSR-80 owners to see many great games made-for-Apple-only games from SSI pass you by. But then, it hasn't been easy for us to design games for a 16K cassette format good enough to meet our critical standarts.
After all, we've got a reputation to protect, a reputation in strategy gaming for unsurpassed sophistication, innovation, realism and playability.