Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mystery Foes - The First Alekhine's Gun Fan Mission
12-26-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: Mystery Foes - The First Alekhine's Gun Fan Mission
(12-26-2017 11:24 AM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Hey, I don't understand how BodyClincis Anchors work myself. I reactivated them on Omerta, then I tried to implement them into Ghost of the Past the same way and nothing works. I mean you need perfect condition for this logic to even activate in the first place: there are success checks, the NPC must have enough space to execute animation, anchor distance limitations work too, large global tactical groups make them bug out too much even after I lowered the number of investigating NPC's in my mod.

Can you describe what do you tried to make it work?

Added BodyClinic anchors where you suggested I should put them, checked AI_CanMoveBody on an NPC, NPC got stuck doing the CPR animation, and an error comes up in the console. Tried to replicate things in Omerta's LUA file, and nothing happened.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2017, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 05:49 PM by ComradeReptiloid.)
(12-26-2017 01:16 PM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  Added BodyClinic anchors where you suggested I should put them, checked AI_CanMoveBody on an NPC, NPC got stuck doing the CPR animation, and an error comes up in the console. Tried to replicate things in Omerta's LUA file, and nothing happened.

I tried to test it on Red Dragon long time ago and the same thing happened. Devs didn't placed any BodyClinic functions in scripts, but glitched constantly repeating animation was there anyway. I guess it has something to do with wrong params setup. Too bad that Haggard Games team and DtS series playerbase are dead now, you can't find anything related to these games for the last 5-6 months, so I don't see any point to continue working on.
12-27-2017, 04:25 AM
(12-26-2017 05:49 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  Too bad that Haggard Games team and DtS series playerbase are dead now, you can't find anything related to these games for the last 5-6 months, so I don't see any point to continue working on.

Maybe in the long run, the DtS series has gone the way of Mass Effect: Andromeda, but I hold out some degree of hope. I am still working on MoTmod Addon v14.0 and DtS3 Addon v0.045, and I started work on my next Fan Mission, codenamed "Project Grossman" last month.

BTW, there's another problem I noticed. When I cut the wire in front of someone, this message pops up multiple times on the console:

Error stack info: E:\Projects\Smersh 2\Src\AI\AI_Manager.cpp : 569
*** ERROR ****************************************************:
Assertion failed! (fMax > fMin) -> File ( e:\projects\smersh 2\src\client\..\ai\AI_Utility.h ), Line ( 1363 )
*** ERROR ****************************************************:
Assertion failed! (fReaction >= 0.0f) -> File ( E:\Projects\Smersh 2\Src\AI\AI_CamouflageAnalyzer.cpp ), Line ( 274 )

It's because of this:

AI.StartDecamouflage(200.0, 120.0, 1.0, true);
03-01-2018, 06:37 AM
Version 1.4 has been released, and the OP has been updated. This version contains some slightly modified versions of the vanilla SWDs for A Mole Among Us and Omerta, to adapt to changes made to the Actors.shadvs file for the Enhancement Addon v0.05. So if you have Addon v0.05 installed first, DO NOT overwrite the following files:

Levels\Hotel\Hotel.SWD
Levels\Level02\Level02.SWD
07-09-2018, 04:45 AM
Version 1.5 has been released, and the OP has been updated. This will be the last update to Version 1, and I've already started work on Version 2. However, it will be a while before Version 2 will be done, as I have other projects to work on (MoTmod Addon v14.0 and Project Grossman).

Speaking of Project Grossman, here's two screenshots from it. It's the titular Dr. Grossman's office, which is 100% complete. I'm currently working on the main building.

BTW, ComradeReptiloid, there are no changes made between the official 1.5 release and the beta I gave you. Feel free to post a Saboteur playthrough of 1.5, now that I've added those block vision helpers under the huts.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-31-2018, 04:16 AM
Over the past few months, I have been slowly working on v2.0 of Mystery Foes, to the point where I'm almost done implementing the overall level design. There's still some work left before I can begin beta testing, but I am getting there. With v2.0, I'm restricting the map to the size of the Template level's default VectorMap. Although the area outside the base is largely a recreation of the surrounding area in Points on the Radar, I've made sure to include some new areas. Have a happy New Year, and look forward to Mystery Foes v2.0 hopefully sometime in early 2019.Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Version 2.0 is finally out, and the OP has been updated.Big Grin
04-28-2019, 03:48 AM
The OP has been updated with a Saboteur playthrough of v2.0.
12-05-2019, 03:10 AM
Version 2.1 is up, and the OP has been updated. I'm sorry it's taken so long to release it, but there's an excellent reason for this - I would have released it a couple months prior, but when I was playtesting the mission on Saboteur, I discovered mysterious error messages popping up in the console after a while. It also caused the game to freeze every time I try to quit, causing me to Ctrl+Alt+Delete the application. Further investigating both in the console and the dts3.log file, the error messages are triggered after loading up the mission's LUA file - quickloading the mission a few times triggers the bug. Because I added new accident scenarios in v2.1, it has now occurred to me that I've exceeded the limits of my ambitions. So I had no choice but to cut some stuff - fortunately, all I had to cut was the accident scenarios outside the base rather than inside, and no errors popped up after that.

So, moral of the story - don't let your mission's LUA go over 222kb.Blush

The next version is going to be v2.5, and I'm going to expand the map boundaries a little bit and further flesh out the empty space. Now that I've discovered that LUAs have a filesize limitation, I may have some problems when creating v3.0, in which I plan to add more mission objectives. But that's way into the future.

I should now focus on getting Would You Kindly and that other Fan Mission I recently started based on the cut Kovalev sections of Check and Mate finished before I focus on Mystery Foes again.
12-16-2019, 12:57 PM
(12-05-2019 03:10 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  So, moral of the story - don't let your mission's LUA go over 222kb.Blush

That is strange. I don't remember that we were adding any kind of size limit to LUA scripts. Huh