Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Levels Pack02
01-24-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: Levels Pack02
Do you want to see what I've done with the level so far? I'll give the level to you via PM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm getting really tilted now Angry Can't do anything out of my list and can't see why. I guess AI_QuadTree has something to do with discovering added npc unique ID's.
01-28-2018, 02:39 AM
(01-27-2018 04:46 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I'm getting really tilted now Angry Can't do anything out of my list and can't see why. I guess AI_QuadTree has something to do with discovering added npc unique ID's.

What does the QuadTree have to do with NPC IDs? Also, what did you think of my modifications so far?
01-28-2018, 11:31 AM
(01-27-2018 04:46 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I'm getting really tilted now Angry Can't do anything out of my list and can't see why. I guess AI_QuadTree has something to do with discovering added npc unique ID's.

what does not work? do you have any warning messges during export or level loading in game?
01-28-2018, 05:29 PM
(01-28-2018 11:31 AM)Alexey Wrote:  what does not work? do you have any warning messges during export or level loading in game?

Nope, no errors during export and during level initialization in the game itself. I use "print" with different messages to track down my functions step by step.
For example: I tried to setup NoDisturbTrigger to work on DR22.
  • I created new "Lackey" NPC with unique ID LCK9
  • I created two new jobs and made sure that all anchors accessible by LCK9 and that he can perform correct animations. I named his default job "Test" and his 2nd job "AfterNODB". I check them individually again and everything worked.
  • I created new "AnimAnchorFunction" anchor which is used to execute OnAnchor_AIAnchor115 function after playing "Custom_Chin" animation and placed it in-between of default job. SimpleTrigger151 was already set up by devs and connected to "game:Levels\Hotel\NoDisturbTrigger.lua" and "DR22"
  • In Hotel.lua I added Level.RoomIsBlocked to OnSave and OnLoad functions. And Level.RoomIsBlocked = false; to Level.OnInitialize() function.
  • I created Level.OnAnchor_AIAnchor115() function:

function Level.OnAnchor_AIAnchor115()
    if ( Level.RoomIsBlocked == true ) then
    AI.SetJob( AI.FindNPC('LCK9'), 'AfterNODB' );
    end;
    end

This one works 100%. I changed Level.RoomIsBlocked to false and LCK9 changed his job.
  • I created Level.OnPlacePlateDoor() function:

function Level.OnPlacePlateDoor( doorId )
    if ( doorId == 'DR22' ) then
    Level.RoomIsBlocked = true;
    end;
    end

This one broken. Script can't detect door ID. I used print('I see you'); and no messages popping up in the console window. I tried checking different floors doors ID's and no results too (ofc I used NODB trigger on proper doors). This is the first time when I got tilted and started to reaching for craziest theories.
  • I added NoDisturbSign ('NODB' unique ID) to Level.OnNotifyPickupItem() and checked "NotifyPickup" box:

elseif ( fourCC == 'NODB' ) then
    Level.RoomIsBlocked = false;

This one works 100%. I changed Level.RoomIsBlocked to true and as soon as I pickup NODB sign, LCK9 changes his job.

I already figured out what was wrong with "lift lackey". I was really down on morale after NODB sign tinkering and copied wrong callback function name on autopilot and didn't noticed it until today. I fixed it already.

Liz Shaw Wrote:What does the QuadTree have to do with NPC IDs? Also, what did you think of my modifications so far?

AI_QuadTree was one of my mad reaches, because I wasn't understanding why "lift lackey" wasn't working when I done everything right.

I checked your level, not a lot to test there. I noticed new distraction for Room 12 guard which is working alright, new lighting everywhere and 2 extra women NPC's -- one on the reception on other one in room 21. Great job so far, I hope you can came up with some nice ideas like recreating diplomat path from library to the restaurant, so you can take him out in the lift or somewhere else during his route.
01-28-2018, 05:40 PM
(01-28-2018 05:29 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  I checked your level, not a lot to test there. I noticed new distraction for Room 12 guard which is working alright, new lighting everywhere and 2 extra women NPC's -- one on the reception on other one in room 21. Great job so far, I hope you can came up with some nice ideas like recreating diplomat path from library to the restaurant, so you can take him out in the lift or somewhere else during his route.

There's also an extra woman in Room 13 - this is to add a challenge to stealing the guest card on the table - and the rest are in the library. I will consider your idea of having the diplomat walk back to the restaurant after the meeting as opposed to just warping there.
01-28-2018, 11:14 PM
(01-28-2018 05:29 PM)ComradeReptiloid Wrote:  [*] I created Level.OnPlacePlateDoor() function:

function Level.OnPlacePlateDoor( doorId )
if ( doorId == 'DR22' ) then
Level.RoomIsBlocked = true;
end;
end

This one broken. Script can't detect door ID. I used print('I see you');

This will not work on Hotel mission, because trigger code don't call this callback. I assume that you tried method that was used in biker's mission. But they are different and level specific. (that is why they included in mission folder and not as common triggers in Scripts\Triggers folder).

You have to add callback to trigger code. Place this function call:

Level.OnPlacePlateDoor( doorId );

to the end of NoDisturbTrigger:PlacePlateOnDoor() function after "Level.AttachItemWorldObject"
01-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Okay, had a play of what you've changed, and I'm impressed. I know it's still in beta, but here are some things I want to point out:

Since you moved Strogov's starting position to one of the toilet stalls in the cocktail bar, the trigger for the conversation needs to be placed as you exit the toilets rather than as you enter via the lobby.

While I appreciate you using the unused black skin for some of the new Lackey NPCs, I'm unsure if it's authentic for the time period (WWII era Switzerland).

How are you planning to have Strogov get out of the hotel when he can no longer walk out the front door?
02-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Alexey, the VectorMaps in Points on the Radar don't seem to be in the level's SLP. This could cause potential problems when creating new areas and making them visible on the in-game map.
08-29-2018, 10:36 AM
I've just discovered that all the VisAreas in You Only Live Twice are actually in the SLP, but most of them are hidden. In the third tab on the right, you have to click on "Unhide All" to reveal the remaining VisAreas. So I'm sorry for not investigating further back when I was working on Addon v0.05. Very soon, I'm going to start work on v0.055, but there won't be any significant changes to You Only Live Twice, that will have to wait for v0.06.

Points on the Radar however is missing its VectorMaps, there's no layer in the SLP associated with them, and Unhide All doesn't reveal them.