Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Features for sequal?
11-30-2018, 04:41 AM
RE: Features for sequal?
I too enjoy MoT gameplay, but it mostly suits wartime scenarios. Been sinking my teeth into AG for the first time with Liz's mod though, and I'm having a blast.

Regarding the episodic idea: This could work really well with a Hidden & Dangerous 2 style meta-game. You basically have a team of spies and saboteurs from which you choose one for each mission (with perma-death of course). The RP could then also function in a semi-realistic way ; the better you do on missions the more the higher ups are impressed, and the more your department gets funding to buy new gear etc. Yoi could basically just scrap the story and cut scenes this way and still keep it engaging.

And as long as we're fantazising, I'd really love a potential sequal to be more Russian/Eastern based. I'd love to see more missions based in the '45-'48 timeframe when Soviets and the Allies were quietly fighting over Europe. The time is period is one of the most interesting parts of Cold War and would offer pretty much endless possibilities for different mission types in cool locations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2019, 10:41 PM
Hey, don't know if these plans are still active or not, but thought I'd share some thoughts.

If you do decide to go ahead with a new game, I would recommend potentially looking into crowdfunding options like Kickstarter, Indiegogo or something similar. You must be careful if going with a crowdfunding option like that though, because if you take too long after such a campaign people may start losing hope, and that gives you bad PR. It's also important to have really good marketing to ensure the success of such a campaign.
03-17-2019, 11:19 PM
(03-17-2019 10:41 PM)Norwegian Wrote:  If you do decide to go ahead with a new game, I would recommend potentially looking into crowdfunding options like Kickstarter, Indiegogo or something similar. You must be careful if going with a crowdfunding option like that though, because if you take too long after such a campaign people may start losing hope, and that gives you bad PR. It's also important to have really good marketing to ensure the success of such a campaign.

That's what happened with Death to Spies 3 and it got us nowhere, we were ignored!Angry
03-18-2019, 01:49 AM
There was crowdfunding for DTS3? What was ignored?
03-18-2019, 01:59 AM
(03-18-2019 01:49 AM)Norwegian Wrote:  There was crowdfunding for DTS3? What was ignored?

Haggard Games attempted an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign in 2013, and a Kickstarter one the following year, both times we were ignored by the mainstream gaming media (HG tried to notify Kotaku, they didn't give a single mention of the campaign - Kotaku would be one of those gaming sites that would trash the final product, Alekhine's Gun, once it finally came out).
03-18-2019, 02:17 AM
(03-18-2019 01:59 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(03-18-2019 01:49 AM)Norwegian Wrote:  There was crowdfunding for DTS3? What was ignored?

Haggard Games attempted an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign in 2013, and a Kickstarter one the following year, both times we were ignored by the mainstream gaming media (HG tried to notify Kotaku, they didn't give a single mention of the campaign - Kotaku would be one of those gaming sites that would trash the final product, Alekhine's Gun, once it finally came out).

Damn, that sucks. I was not aware. Would Haggard Games have enough money to finance this project on it's own?
03-18-2019, 02:24 AM
(03-18-2019 02:17 AM)Norwegian Wrote:  Damn, that sucks. I was not aware. Would Haggard Games have enough money to finance this project on it's own?

I don't know. All I know is that after the way the mainstream gaming community treated AG after its release (partly due to MG's incompetence and treating us like a whore), I do not think HG will get very far if they try to crowdfund the next Death to Spies game. There will always be an unbridgeable divide between us hardcore stealth gamers and the rest of the gaming industry. But I do hope some sort of sequel materializes.
03-18-2019, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2019 02:40 AM by Norwegian.)
Yeah, there are many great success stories of crowdfunders, but those usually get really popular and have lots of coverage to help them achieve their goal. It's a shame that the mainstream media and gamers treated AG like this. Sure, the game had its flaws and it could use some patching/bugfixes, but it was playable and pretty fun too, once you got into it. I would love to see another game from HG. Preferably without the involvement of any incompetent publisher like MG...

Speaking about AG though, I must admit that I liked the earlier DTS games much more than AG, in terms of gameplay. Story of AG was pretty interesting, but the gameplay in DTS was way better imo.

Here's an idea; did HG ever consider partnering up with one of the bigger Russian publishers (not 1C) to help them publish a new eventual DTS game/sequel to AG? Gaijin comes to mind, and they're quite a heavyweight in the gaming industry. Well-known all around the world. I have no idea what their business plans are like, but I imagine perhaps this is something they could explore if an offer from HG is lucrative enough... I imagine it would be quite difficult for HG to self-fund a new game.
03-18-2019, 02:43 AM
(03-18-2019 02:34 AM)Norwegian Wrote:  Here's an idea; did HG ever consider partnering up with one of the bigger Russian publishers (not 1C) to help them publish a new eventual DTS game/sequel to AG? Gaijin comes to mind, and they're quite a heavyweight in the gaming industry. Well-known all around the world. I have no idea what their business plans are like, but I imagine perhaps this is something they could explore if an offer from HG is lucrative enough... I imagine it would be quite difficult for HG to self-fund a new game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were one of those companies HG turned to before trying to crowdfund the game, and refused to work with them because HG is a small team.
03-23-2019, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019 12:09 AM by adolf.)
There will be no sequel. In Russia, the economy is shit and in a crisis. The owner of the rights to the brand is not interested in games, they are now engaged only in sales and localizations. Almost all game studios are closed. In Russia, for ten years they have not been making games, because it is unprofitable, only the fucking mobile market brings profit. European and American publishers are not interested either. They do not care about the Soviet history of the Second World War. In addition, you need a large budget and you need to understand that stealth is quite narrow.