Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Awesome Game
07-05-2013, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 09:56 PM by bobjones7777.)
Awesome Game
First of all... Great Game... however I thought Moment of Truth was a somewhat unprofessional when I first started it up because there was no tutorial that seemed really weird just to get dumped into first mission without any idea what to do... (I know there was a mission breifing but I mean how to turn on map and some of the basic mechanics like shutting doors before trying to stun someone, etc. ofcourse it all makes sense now... but for a new player it just seems frustrating because theres so many things to know before its gets fun)

It also didnt seem right to have to go into "options" and then controls to find out what all the keys were to do everything (somehow missed F1 key for instructions - not sure if that was shown somewhere or not? but didnt find out about f1 key until I played through several times)

In the begining... I was wondering what was going on... it was my first "stealth" game and the first mission seemed very big with many objectives for a first mission so I was a bit overwhelmed. It seems the game is only for players who have already played some other stealth games.

But I stuck with it (but guessing many people just say screw this and move on to something else - theres way too much to learn in the beginning without a tutorial)

Anyway... I love the game now... now that I understand what its all about I cannot get enough and have played through all of the missions 3 times.

QUESTION: I am trying to get the MotMod working but do I have to have both DTS and DTS: Moment of Truth installed for it to work (I ony have Moment of Truth)

Also... I had to get the motmod from a cached website without english upgrade - any idea where to get the english mod too?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 07:35 AM
RE: Awesome Game
(07-05-2013 09:50 PM)bobjones7777 Wrote:  QUESTION: I am trying to get the MotMod working but do I have to have both DTS and DTS: Moment of Truth installed for it to work (I ony have Moment of Truth

DtS is required, but only so that you can place its files in the MoT folder. Do NOT overwrite anything while doing so, and be sure the UI.vfs folder is not still in the MoT folder when you're done with adding and replacing files - it's very easy to ignore because of all the files listed in alphabetical order.
07-06-2013, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 09:46 AM by forlik.)
First question answered by Liz already, about the second one: the only place to get MoTmod and additions - this page. If you can't download English translations from at.tut.by - please send a request at this mail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
(07-05-2013 09:50 PM)bobjones7777 Wrote:  First of all... Great Game... however I thought Moment of Truth was a somewhat unprofessional when I first started it up because there was no tutorial that seemed really weird just to get dumped into first mission without any idea what to do... (I know there was a mission breifing but I mean how to turn on map and some of the basic mechanics like shutting doors before trying to stun someone, etc. ofcourse it all makes sense now... but for a new player it just seems frustrating because theres so many things to know before its gets fun)

Well, yes. It's our mistake that we didn't include any tutorial. But, at the time of development MoT was planned to be as expansion to the original game (original has tutorial mission) and when the game was ready, our publisher just position it as a next standalone part in a series...