Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Template: Kovalev Metro Section
08-31-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Template: Kovalev Metro Section
I discovered more details about some rooms by enabling the Brush Colliders - level07_metro_entrance01.smf, level07_metro_entrance01_01.smf, level07_metro_entrance03.smf and level07_metro_aircor08.smf have collision detection covering the open doorways, meaning that in theory even if there's no door it'll still prevent you from trying to go through it. Adding further proof of this is that the double doors created specifically for Kovalev's starting area (level07_metro_entrance01_01.smf) have no collision detection, but the collision detection already covering the open doorway of the room model makes it appear that the doors serve as a wall. This is further proof that those doorways were never intended to be connected to any other room. Strangely, there's no collision detection covering the doorway in level07_metro_entrance02.smf even though it wasn't meant to be connected to a room as well. To sum up, if you ever intend to use the aircor section in a Fan Mission, it's best that they serve as an extraction point. My current Fan Mission utilizing some of the cut Kovalev rooms will not use the aircor section.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2021, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2021 08:08 AM by Liz Shaw.)
RE: Template: Kovalev Metro Section
I've uploaded a video in which I restore some old relics from E3 2010 (two policemen who were meant for the dispatch room) and removed some old ones which I discovered are still in the final game thanks to the beta build Alexey provided.Smile

I forgot that when you check an NPC's "Show idle group" property, it also shows the NPC's distance from other NPCs who have the same idle group number.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply