Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to edit .SUI files form DtS/MoT ?
02-07-2022, 05:17 PM
How to edit .SUI files form DtS/MoT ?
Hello

I'm actually modding DtS/MoT (French translation, updated and some new textures, etc).

Now I need to modify some file with the .sui extension. Theses files are located into the UI directory ?

I have try with an Hex Edit program without success ...

I can open these .sui file with Shad Vscript Editor but my modifiyed saved files crash the game ... so I think is not compatible with DtS/MoT and are only valid to modify shadvs files.

(I have modify with succes my DtS/MoT using UltraEdit Hex Editor and not Shad Vscript, I think Shad Vscript is only valid for Alekhine's Gun)

Thank you for any help Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Sorry for my bad english ... Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2022, 03:54 AM
RE: How to edit .SUI files form DtS/MoT ?
(02-07-2022 05:17 PM)ZebFoxOne Wrote:  Hello

I'm actually modding DtS/MoT (French translation, updated and some new textures, etc).

Now I need to modify some file with the .sui extension. Theses files are located into the UI directory ?

I can open these .sui file with Shad Vscript Editor but my modifiyed saved files crash the game ... so I think is not compatible with DtS/MoT and are only valid to modify shadvs files.

(I have modify with succes my DtS/MoT using UltraEdit Hex Editor and not Shad Vscript, I think Shad Vscript is only valid for Alekhine's Gun)

Yes, ShadVScript is only usable for Alekhine's Gun, saving files from the other games with ShadVScript causes them to not work in-game (warnings will pop up in the console).
02-08-2022, 04:38 AM
RE: How to edit .SUI files form DtS/MoT ?
(02-08-2022 03:54 AM)Liz Shaw Wrote:  
(02-07-2022 05:17 PM)ZebFoxOne Wrote:  Hello

Yes, ShadVScript is only usable for Alekhine's Gun, saving files from the other games with ShadVScript causes them to not work in-game (warnings will pop up in the console).

Thank you for you answer Big Grin
Nice to see that I am not alone still working on that great game !!! Cool

In fact I try to change the "Paper-clipboard" background which is used in every menu screen.
I just want to change the DDS file used in some Menu screen, but to do that I need to edit the .sui files to change the size, position, ... of the original file.

So I think I need to do that manually with my HexEdit ... Hope it would be possible ... but it would have been easier to work with a decompiled version of the .sui file as in ShadVScript ...

Anyway ... I will try ... manually Wink ... but if anybody else has a solution ... welcome ! Big Grin

As soon as my "small Mod" is done I will post screen's shot of my work in that forum Big Grin